JOB FILLED - Manager, Food Safety
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
This position is responsible for continuously improving plant food safety systems with emphasis on microbiological control programs and procedures with a goal of helping facilities reduce environmental pathogen findings. This position supports plant operation teams in multiple facilities, the Regional Corporate Food Safety Manager and Food Safety Compliance Manager to assure compliance with corporate food safety/quality systems and external agency food safety regulations.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Review and revise existing corporate food safety systems with a focus on system controls and records.
- Develop new food safety / food quality systems related to all aspects of food safety as required to comply with corporate mandates and regulatory requirements.
- Work directly with each plant Operations and QA team to assure proper implementation of Food Safety Systems as they pertain to Controls and records.
- Manage Corporate Environmental Pathogen Monitoring Data and prepare trending reports for the Regional Quality Assurance Manager, the Director of Food Safety and VP of Food Safety and QA.
- Review and assist with Plant QA Environmental Monitoring Program, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Audit plant Food Safety equipment systems on a routine basis to assure compliance to policies and regulations.
- Participate, track and review results for Corporate sponsored “Swabathons”.
- Develop and review SSOP’s for Continuous Improvement of Food Safety programs.
- Work directly with each plant Operations and QA team to assure proper implementation of Food Safety Systems.
- Provide guidance and direct appropriate corrective actions associated with food safety and regulatory non-compliance at the plants.
- Monitor food safety risk indicators at each plant and provide assistance to plant operations in the mitigation of risk through continuous improvement.
- Provide detailed written and oral reports to plant managers and corporate leadership team members as necessary to assure full communication of plan gaps and risks, mitigation, compliance and overall status.
- Provide feedback in Continuous Improvement efforts involving the plant food safety plan verification activities
- Develop a rapport with Saputo Sanitation Managers and Chemical provider representative to assure sanitation needs are being met.
- Maintain knowledge and proper interpretation of current regulations pertaining to Regulatory Compliance as it pertains to Food Safety (EPA, FDA, USDA, and plant State Regulations) to assure the company’s systems are appropriate and will provide compliance.
- Participate with regulatory and industry trade organizations to promote company views, improve industry food safety systems and understand the implications of food safety regulations. (IDFA, NCIMS, etc.)
- Participate in regular Food Safety Audits and assist in in-plant validation of Food Safety Preventive Controls
- Develop, manage and disseminate Plant Allergen Program Training
- Develop, manage and disseminate Plant Environmental Control Training
- Develop, manage and disseminate Plant Sanitation Training
- Participate in Equipment Review/Challenge Studies
- Assist in information gathering and reporting of Food Safety Incidents
- Assist in dissemination of Plant GMP Training and Behavioral Based Food Safety Programs
You are best suited for the role if you…
- Degree: BS in Food Science or other applicable technical field
- Exposure and knowledge of; Food Safety Systems, CFR, PMO, FSMA, SQF, HACCP, GMP’s
- Prefer 3 years’ experience with food manufacturing products including milk and milk products
- Prefer experience with food manufacturing sanitation, including MSS and sanitary maintenance
- Prefer technical writing experience, specifically policies and standard operating procedures
- Prefer experience in aseptic low acid food processing and regulatory requirements associated with LACF
- Prefer multiple plant responsibility/oversight
- Prefer experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- FSPCA PCQI Trained Individual required; Lead Instructor Qualification preferred
We support and care for our employees by providing them with…
- Development opportunities that enhance your career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.