Product Manager, Food Source Assurance Solutions
The primary function of this role is to understand customer needs related to food safety and sanitation practices and to develop enduring solutions to address them.
- In conjunction with the technology team, you will manage the development, implementation, and commercialization of new products.
- You will participate in the definition of product requirements, and define the technical development plan, scope, goals, timelines, budget, and deliverables.
- You will hands-on support the core technology development activities.
- You will identify and engage development partners and suppliers to leverage commercial off-the-shelf components to complete the solution.
- You must have an excellent understanding of the Food Safety Modernization Act and its implications.
- You will need strong knowledge of food technology, processing, and microbiology, as well as a solid understanding of post-harvest interventions. Strong comprehension of GMPs, HACCP, SQF, Labeling, and Federal food regulations is essential.
- Ideally, you have a food safety market background, heading up a food testing lab or contributing to food safety strategy and execution. You are well networked, technically strong, and provide succinct summaries. Experience in a start-up environment is highly desirable.
- BS or MS in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related; concentration in food safety, food processing, quality control, and food defense. Excellent skills in succinct and effective communication required.
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the office, with some flexibility for the right person. We have a great team here and offer generous benefits, including 401(k) plans, stock options, and commuter benefits!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.