Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for a software developer with a breadth of experience ranging from controlling the devices that apply markers to products to the online information systems that manage the data and APIs that power our food safety solutions.
- Recent design and implementation experience on combined software/ hardware systems, for example, credit card transaction processing or mobile device management
- Solid understanding of OOP with Java or C++
- Proficiency with relational and document data such as MySQL or Postgres, SQLite, and MongoDB
- Expertise implementing Web Applications and REST APIs using NodeJS
- Strong test-driven development skills using xUnit, Mocha, and mock objects
- Proficiency with source code management, build, package, deploy and Continuous Integration
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid Analytic skills capable of developing and documenting requirements and implementation plans based on stakeholder conversations
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science and 5 years related industry experience
- You love to code. You have recent full stack experience developing applications that provide customers with a combined on-line and mobile app user experience.
- You get security. You understand how to create applications that are secure across all access points.
- You can lead. You have the uncanny ability to create and communicate designs that others can implement. You are effective working with in-house and out-sourced teammates.
- You know integration. You've designed and implemented successful enterprise level systems integration projects with 3rd party business systems and or block chain ledgers.
- This is not a gig for amateurs – you are ready for a real challenge!
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We expect daily presence in the office, with some flexibility for the right person. We have a great team here and offer generous benefits, including 401(k) plans, stock options, and commuter benefits!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.