JOB FILLED - Plant Quality Assurance Manager
Royal Cup, Inc. is the proven leader in sourcing, roasting, blending and providing high-quality coffees and fine teas since 1896 and is the chosen partner for restaurants, hotels, offices and commuters across the country.
We are a family-owned business rooted in a longstanding tradition of coffee roasting excellence who takes pride in our unparalleled dedication to customer care.
Royal Cup Coffee offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. On top of being a part of a well caffeinated team, the benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k), life insurance, Flexible Spending Account plan, and paid vacation. Tuition reimbursement plan includes up to 80% reimbursement per company criteria. Ongoing trainings designed to provide maximum success for our employees is offered.
We have an immediate opening for a Plant Quality Assurance Manager in our Birmingham headquarters facility. The Plant Quality Assurance Manager will report to the QA Director, and will be responsible for the SQF function and Quality/Food Safety for production/operations and will implement, validate, verify, and maintain policies and programs in support of the quality system. They will have extensive knowledge of: food safety, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitary and pest control programs, audits by outside agencies, recall programs and other aspects related to SQF and quality systems. Additionally, they will be self-motivated, capable of taking initiative and acting to rectify problems and improve practices and processes, even those in a department outside the individual’s direct responsibility.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Interact closely with production, purchasing, maintenance, and other departmental personnel to address issues as needed, ensuring efficiency and taking remedial actions to achieve desired results when necessary.
- Directly supervise all aspects of the Quality Assurance Lab and all Quality Assurance personnel, including on-going training.
- Provide direct guidance to vendors, especially Sanitation Staff, regarding GMP’s and Quality and Food Safety requirements.
Develop, track and review departmental budget to maintain GFSI standards.
- Lead verification and validation of SQF process and any required corrective action processes, including ongoing internal audit processes.
- Assist in customer inquiry/complaint review and resolution.
- Promote safety through work procedures, and employee safety programs.
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree (preferably in Science/Food Science discipline or similar discipline).
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a food manufacturing environment with a focus in Quality Assurance/SQF.
- Minimum of 1+ years of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) management experience.
- Required: current Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification.
- Required: extensive knowledge of food safety, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitary and pest control programs, audits by outside agencies, and recall programs
- Abilities in organizational/people management, team building, leadership and effective communication skills with demonstrated achievement of desired objectives.
- Ability to represent the company well as official liaison for interactions with customers, vendors, regulators and outside parties in addressing quality, product development, training, or other issues.
- Ability, beyond basic skill performance levels with Microsoft Office Software, specifically with Word and Excel. Prior experience with SAP is highly preferable.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position which are required to successfully perform each essential responsibility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core responsibilities. These physical demands may include, among other functions:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, climbing, grasping, typing, reading, talking and hearing.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work within the work environment characteristics experienced while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Frequently working near production machinery and occasionally near hand jacks or forklifts.
- Frequently working in an environment with variable temperatures.
- Results focused with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- bility to travel, as required and at times requiring overnight stays to travel to attend meetings, training and other work related events as scheduled.
- Ability to successfully complete the pre-employment process.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.