Senior Manager - Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Come join our family!
Local food manufacturer is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager for its operations in Cheektowaga/West Seneca. The company provides a comprehensive benefits package, as well as paid time off and a family-oriented atmosphere.
This individual will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the Company’s Quality Assurance and Food Safety functions. This individual will be responsible to ensure that all Company facilities, products, and systems follow the standards established by the Global Food Safety Initiative certification standards and regulatory agencies. Individual will be responsible for coordinating the commitment and involvement of the Company’s Management Team and providing technical assistance to ensure GFSI compliance Company-wide. The individual will ensure that Food Safety issues are appropriately responded to and coordinated both internally and externally. This individual is also charged with providing leadership in the development and management of the various corporate programs and initiatives to ensure that all Company products are of superior quality and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Individual will also be responsible for providing technical assistance to the Operations Group for various on-going product manufacturing issues. This mission will be accomplished through the direction of the Quality Assurance Associates. Will participate actively as a member of the Food Safety and Quality Management Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES:
- Will manage and coordinate all activities and Company resources to assure all Company facilities operate within the standards of the GFSI certification standards (The Standard). Activities will include assessing the Company’s facilities and current programs & systems. Will make recommendations regarding appropriate modifications as necessary and work with each department head to ensure timely, proper implementation of necessary modifications to comply with The Standard.
- Will provide oversight of the Company’s Quality Assurance Department. Will ensure that the department is effective in carrying out its responsibilities regarding all the Company, regulatory and industry policies and practices.
- Responsible for the evaluation of all Company policies and procedures, affecting food safety or quality to determine the Company’s compliance with The Standard. Will ensure that the proper coordination occurs in matters between the Quality Assurance Department and the Food Safety function.
- Will continually evaluate updates from the certification organization and ensure that our Company implements changes, if required. Will participate actively in conferences and continuing education programs as required to maintain proper knowledge of The Standard.
- Supervises an active audit process to ensure that all support systems supporting the Company’s GFSI standard are operating as intended. Will make recommendations on improvements as necessary and properly follow-up on all non-conformities to The Standard.
- Will work closely with Human Resources and Operations to ensure that training and orientation programs are active and reflect the current standard of the certification agency and appropriately address product quality and food safety. Will monitor the effectiveness of the training programs and recommend modifications or re-training as necessary. May assist in training activities for all departments; providing food safety and quality expertise to each department’s training needs.
- Directly responsible for the management and continued development of all FSQA software is properly administered; Safety Chain, Corvium.
- Will work with Technical Services Management Team on a variety of project/programs including but not limited to: product specifications, supplier approvals, traceability, incident management and the Company’s Product Recall Plan.
- Will function as the Company’s lead representative in communication and on-site audits conducted at the Company.
- Will work closely with Operations, Quality, Sanitation, Supply Chain and Human Resources Management Teams to ensure that programs and policies are fully coordinated and that daily operational activities are consistent with the GFSI standards. Will see that department Associates are kept fully and currently informed of all pertinent Company policies and that such policies are followed.
- Will be responsible for all GFSI reporting. In addition will be required to report to the Company Management Team on activities regarding certification, audits and new requirements as they are proposed and implemented.
- Prepare all departmental fiscal forecasts relative to responsibilities and report on any variance for each fiscal period.
- Keeps abreast of all state and national matters affecting our industries through close contact with trade associations and professional and industrial groups.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.