Quality Control Manager
The role of the Quality Control Manager will be the responsibility for the entire realm of the plant's Food Safety and Quality program including, but not limited to training, documentation, tracking, ensuring compliance, and providing suggestions for corrective action.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for oversight, training, orientation and auditing of all shell egg processing food safety and quality, GMP, and HACCP program requirements.
- Maintain, validate and amend plant food safety and quality program as necessary.
- Ensure that food safety and quality rules are being rigorously respected.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate activities related to the food safety and quality program.
- Ensure thorough follow-up of each non-conformance of the food safety and quality program with effective action plans.
- Manage HACCP by analyzing of production steps to determine effectiveness of control points in accordance with the food safety and quality program, addressing changes as necessary.
- Facilitation and documenting HACCP meetings.
- Successfully partake in shell egg processing audits.
- Train management and employees in relation to food safety and quality ensuring in depth understanding of the rules.
- Implement the best control measures possible.
- Support members of Processing and QC in the application and or monitoring of the food safety and quality rules.
- Immediately inform immediate supervisor, processing super, and complex manager when a nonconformance is found that greatly impacts food safety or quality.
- Responsible for helping prepare for audits.
- Must be able to follow all OSHA and RAF Safety and Bio-Security standards in processing areas, and report violations of these policies to the Complex Manager.
- Coordinate corrective actions and time lines that accurately reflect the situation at hand with management.
- Must be able to write effective, accurate reports of findings and recommendations as well as inform necessary persons/departments with corrective actions to be taken.
- Must be honest, ethical and perform all functions of job in such manner.
- Must treat ALL employees, customers, and visitors with respect and courtesy and in compliance with all State and Federal laws.
- Must utilize excellent teamwork skills – this position requires a “team” attitude.
- Must handle multiple tasks at once – the ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Capable of working weekend shifts and maintaining a flexible schedule to help other departments should they need assistance on a particular day. This may include working nights, and holidays.
- Capable of working late (if needed) past the scheduled leave time to complete the job.
- Must perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs, and moving entire bodysuch as climbing, lifting at least 50 pounds, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Supervise quality control technicians. The number of direct reports will vary based on location.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain SQF Certification.
- High School education or GED is required; additional training and certification in farm operations, food manufacturing procedures preferred.
- Must be familiar with and able to easily navigate general computer applications including but not limited to Open Office, MS Word, Excel, Access, LIM, ADP, E-mail and various other applications as required.
- Must be reliable and responsible.
- Must possess exceptional visual perception with great attention to detail.
- Complete work tasks thoroughly and efficiently.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take on new responsibilities.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, being open to change (positive and negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.