JOB FILLED - Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) Compliance Technician
Roland Foods cultivates, facilitates, and honors relationships that inspire passion and support success in the specialty food industry. Founded in 1934, Roland Foods imports more than 1,500 products from across Asia, South America, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. At Roland Foods, we believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. We are passionate about food, and dedicated to those who grow, make, serve, and eat it.
Are you a Jack or Jill of all trades? Do you enjoy working cross functionally across the organization to produce the best product for the customer, if so, then we want to talk to you! We are currently seeking a product-oriented Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) Compliance Technician. This person will serve as a vital part of the organization when it comes to ensuring accurate data on all product labels and in the know of all things FDA labelling compliance related. We are really looking for a self-motivated researcher and investigator who wants to work in dynamic and transformative environment!
In this role, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with Creative and Food safety and Quality Assurance to bring new items to the market in a timely manner.
- Have a good understanding of the FDA Food Labelling Regulations, Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations and otherwise ability to research and investigate proper labeling regulations of food products.
- Review artwork, graphics and text on food product labels to ensure label compliance.
- Examine food product labels for accuracy of all the mandatory statements as per FDA and/or USDA labeling regulations - ingredient declaration, net weight statement, nutrition facts panel and additionally Kosher, Organic, Whole Grain Council, Non-GMO logo etc. as applicable.
- Have an attention to detail to ensure product label consistency among multiple suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier information to verify product compliance against Company standards, Federal labeling laws and regulations.
- Efficiently prioritize and work on multiple projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BS in food science, biology or nutrition. A culinary arts degree and/or related work experience will also be considered.
- 1-2+ years’ experience in the food industry as food tech/QA/food safety preferred, not required.
- Food safety and nutrition knowledge; basic food science knowledge; familiar with analytical and microbiological terms.
- Proficient in gleaning information by observing and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Efficient with processing information by compiling, categorizing and verifying information/data.
- Good oral and written communication skills including technical writing
- Active learner, self-motivated, good initiative; team player, excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented and accurate.
- Work independently while flexing to work collaboratively across various departments
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
Roland Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.