Quality Assurance Manager
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - FREEPORT TX
Develop, implement and manage all Quality & Food Safety programs toward the company’s goal of ensuring a safe and wholesome food product to its consumers. Manage this through continuous production/service, maintaining consistency in established standards, and insuring compliance with all state, local and federal regulatory requirements. Direct and supervise the Quality Technicians in the daily Quality Assurance activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Direct supervision of Quality Technicians and Janitorial team. Supervise personnel to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
Thorough understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), with the ability to maintain, update and implement the existing Safe Quality Food (SQF) program. To include but not limited to:
- Food Safety (HACCP/HARPC) Program
- Food Quality & Food Defense Programs
- Sanitation Program
- Managing Audits (Internal and External)
- Daily usage decisions for raw and WIP product going into finished goods based on established quality parameters.
- Manage the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to align with present standards and establish improved quality food safety expectations in producing a reliably consistent finished product.
- Formulate and maintain quality objectives, and coordinate objectives with production procedures to maximize quality, safety and efficiency while minimizing costs.
- Develop methods/procedures and systems compliant with Company, State, Local and Federal standards.
- Direct product quality and personal safety surveillance of manufacturing areas and the physical inspection of all incoming and outgoing transportation vehicles for safe and sanitary condition.
- Develop and implement sanitation and microbiological inspection programs including incoming raw material and packaging material inspections.
- Create, implement and manage a robust Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Train and implement quality, food safety & continuous improvement philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to quality and continuous improvement.
- Maintain proactive leadership role on internal Continuous Improvement teams, including Root Cause Investigations for customer complaints and internal incidents.
- Thorough understanding in Pest Control and Pest Management.
- Develop and maintain department budget managing costs throughout the year.
- B.S. Microbiology, Food Science, chemistry or related field
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience considered.
- Minimum seven (7) years Quality/Safety in food industry
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory/management
- Developing/documenting procedures
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in auditing
- Computer proficiency
Certificates and / or licenses
- GFSI Practitioner Certified (Preferably SQF)
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual
Skills and Abilities
- Quality/Safety orientation and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with high performance teams
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Daily on the floor 50-75% of the time
- Climbing ladders 15-20’ / Ability to lift 50 lbs
Equipment Used: (types of equipment / tools or process used)
- Lab Equipment – Scales, moisture analyzers, color meters, data collection software preferably SAP QM.
- Safety PPE
- Daily exposure to dust and hot/humid conditions
- Non air conditioned processing environment with moderate/loud noise levels.
PRODUCT QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY STATEMENT/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quality Manager is responsible for all Plant Product Quality, Food Safety, Personnel Safety of direct reports, and Regulatory Compliance.
- As an employee of Riviana you share in the responsibility for producing a food product that meets established specifications of the highest quality which is safe and wholesome.
- It is the QA Manager’s responsibility to immediately report any incident or situation that may compromise any of the above factors or issues to the Texas Quality, Pest Control & Safety Manager.
Riviana Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, sexual orientation/gender identity, citizenship where legally permitted to work, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.