Quality Assurance Manager
Welcome to Riviana Foods Inc. While you may not know us by our company name, you grew up loving our brands many of which have been your favorite's for over 100 years.
We are America's leading rice company and the nation's second largest provider of pasta products. Our portfolio includes over 20 trusted brands with more than 500 products widely distributed in many countries around the world.
We are America’s largest processor, marketer and distributor of branded and private label rice products. We are also the second largest producer and marketer of pasta products in the nation.
Riviana brands are well known for their quality and excellence and the company is committed to providing the most wholesome products on the market today, to leading both the rice and pasta industries in innovation, and to providing high-quality products you can be proud to serve your family.
Our global reach is an important factor in Riviana's success. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ebro Foods, S.A., the world leader of the rice sector, we take a world view of the rice and pasta business and draw upon the global resources of our parent company.
For a detailed look at our rice and pasta portfolio, click on this link - https://www.riviana.com/en-us/content/29880/OurBrands.aspx
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER ST. LOUIS, MO
JOB SUMMARY –
Develop, implement and manage all Quality Assurance/Control programs to ensure continuous production/service, consistent with established standards, and insuring compliance with all state and local regulatory requirements. Manage the Quality Control Department consisting of a Sanitation Supervisor, QA Coordinator/Sanitarian Staff in a 24 hour – 7 days a week production environment with weekend production as needed. Direct and supervise the development, implementation and administration of Sanitation programs and activities in all phases of the plant.
Thorough understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements. With the ability to maintain, update and implement the existing Safe Quality Food (SQF) program. To include but not limited to:
- Food Safety (HACCP) Program
- Food Quality Program
- Sanitation Program
- Managing Audits (Internal and External)
- Manage the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives, and coordinate objectives with production procedures to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize costs.
- Develop methods/procedures and systems to ensure compliance with Company and Federal specifications.
- Direct product quality surveillance of manufacturing areas and the physical inspection of all incoming and outgoing transportation vehicles for sanitary condition.
- Develop and implement sanitation and microbiological inspection programs including incoming raw material and packaging material inspections.
- Create implement and manage a robust Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Train and implement quality assurance/control philosophy to key personnel within Company. Emphasis on Process Control for operations to be aligned with Quality and Production.
- Supervise quality assurance/control personnel to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Thorough understanding in Pest Control and Pest Management with ability to work closely and manage 3rd party Pest Control companies.
- Develop and maintain department budget and manage costs throughout the year.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS -
- B.S. Microbiology, Food Science, chemistry or related field
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience considered.
Prior Work Experience
- Minimum seven (7) years QA/QC in food industry
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory/management
- Developing/documenting procedures
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection
- Computer proficiency
Certificates and / or licenses
- SQF Practitioner Certified or ability to become certified within a year
Skills and Abilities
Physical and / or mental requirements
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with high performance teams
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- Daily walking/standing 75% of the time
- Climbing ladders 15-20’
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Occasional travel required
- Lab Equipment – Scales, moisture analyzers, color meters, data collection software preferably SAP QM.
- Daily exposure to dust and hot/humid conditions
- Non air conditioned processing environment with moderate/loud noise levels as required.
PRODUCT QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY STATEMENT/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- QA Manager is responsible for all Plant Product Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance.
- As an employee of Riviana you share in the responsibility for producing a food product that meets established specifications of the highest quality and is safe and wholesome.
- It is the QA Manager’s responsibility to immediately report any incident or situation that may compromise any of the above factors or issues to the Plant Manager.
- In the event of the QA Managers absence, responsibility of Quality Assurance & Food Safety is designated to the Plant Manager with an indirect line of support to the Senior Director of Quality.
Riviana Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, military/veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status, sexual orientation/gender identity, citizenship where legally permitted to work, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.