Provide supervisory support for sanitation operations in the facility. Supervise the development and implementation of master sanitation schedules, cleaning activities in the facility, SSOP writing, plan project cleaning, write Pre-Op, training of sanitation team, handle corrective actions, pay roll, vacations for the sanitation team and interviewing new employees.
- Work closely with plant leadership team to implement improvements in the sanitation program and overall effectiveness of sanitation.
- Work with Sanitation Manager to develop plant sanitation goals and departmental goals and create and implement plans to achieve goals and KPIs
- Lead the sanitation department
- Create, update, and audit sanitation policies and programs to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Monitor/review trends
- Create and provide sanitation training as needed
- Work closely with Sanitation Manager to keep records up to date
- Ensure master sanitation schedule and daily housekeeping requirements are executed effectively, documented, and filed accordingly
- Create sanitation staffing schedule
- Ensure equipment and all areas of the plant are properly sanitized and in good repair
- Work with Sanitation Manager and Quality supervisor to validate/verify allergen cleaning effectiveness
- Order and maintain inventory for sanitation department materials and manage inventory to keep within department budget
- Manage chemical control within the sanitation department, working with plant chemical provider
- Ensure proper training is completed and documented for the sanitation team
- Ensure sanitation and housekeeping signage is posted and in good condition
- Provide the sanitation support necessary to ensure manufacturing goals are achieved
- Ensure sanitation team is following company food safety and personal safety policies and procedures
- Work with Sanitation Manager to update plant quality systems relating to sanitation, environmental, food safety, and quality controls
- Provide pest control support, working with pest control provider to ensure corrective actions are closed out in a timely manner
- Foster a sense of team responsibility for achieving goals
- Support compliance with federal and state regulations, GFSI certification, SQF, BRC and plant metrics
- Support food safety program, quality standards, and legality of products manufactured in the facility
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to work weekends and other shifts as needed
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred and/or 3 years of experience in implementing sanitation programs in a food manufacturing plant.
- GFSI audit experience
- Experience developing and managing to a budget preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong leadership, team-building, and coaching skills with an intense desire to drive positive change, develop interdepartmental relationships, and deliver results
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to think quickly and handle frequent change
- Ability to establish rapport quickly, communicating with ease, skill, and conviction
- Continuous improvement mind-set with the ability to lead and support multiple projects
SHIFT -not applicable-
POSITION Sanitation Supervisor
LOCATION New French Bakery 2609
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
It’s hard to have a bad day when you’re in the business of cookies, bars and breads. After all, we make the things that make people happy.
We are a relationship-based company where the quality of our people is just as important as the quality of our products. Our environment encourages creativity, and we value an entrepreneurial and industrious approach to work.
Simply put, we are a family. A place where honesty, respect and trust are the essential ingredients for how we do business. We take pride in working with creative individuals with a passion for what they do, and we’re always looking to expand our team.
See what opportunities are in store for you at any of our New French Bakery, Best Maid Cookie Company and South Coast Baking locations.
Rise Baking Company participates in eVerify.
EOE STATEMENT We value and appreciate diversity, creativity and the desire to contribute to our team. Rise Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPLOAD DOCUMENT None Specified
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.