Quality Assurance/Sanitation Manager
Plans, coordinates, and implements quality assurance programs at the plant level and ensures continuous production of products consistent with established standards.
- Monitors Quality Control programs to insure process controls are met, document activities, and brings about corrective action as needed.
- Ensures compliance with quality, food safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate documents and controls, conducts audits, trains team member and ensures compliance with IFS regulations and requirements.
- Conducts formula audits, documents same, and brings about corrective action as needed.
- Participates in weekly safety and food safety audits. Monitors food safety findings and monitors completion or correction of any deficiencies.
- Coordinates plant lot-tracking documentation.
- Addresses Sanitation and GMP deviations on an immediate and ongoing basis and assists in training and development of production personnel in these key areas.
- Monitors Quality Control programs for incoming material inspections for ingredients.
- Assures that work in progress is held in a manner that precludes deterioration and does not compromise product quality.
- Assists in external audits and documentation.
- Monitors quality of product produced on daily sample pull and communicates any opportunities to production and plant manager.
- Implements Dawn HACCP program and updates as necessary.
- Ensures yearly/Quarterly Quality training is completed (Alchemy) for all plant personel.
- Implement and updates Manteno’s FSMA plan.
- Responds, records, and communicates customer complaints according to the complaint procedure.
- Conducts self inspection and mock recalls twice yearly.
- Isolates and places product on hold due to possible foreign materials, product performance, ingredient, or packaging material issues which could pose a food safety risk or compromise product quality or integrity.
- Assists in the disposition of hold product.
- Monitors and assists in product release after documentation review with proper freeze time.
- Conducts food safety training, HACCP training and annual GMP training.
- Manages activities of QA Auditors and Sanitation Team members.
- Coordinates and monitors finished product testing and inprocess swab testing.
- Coordinates and monitors self life testing.
- Maintains product formulas and communicates changes.
- Ensures all Plant Risk Assessments are completed yearly.
- Ensures label specifications are accurate.
- Conducts performance appraisals, assists in setting and achieving goals of QA Team.
- Leadership and motivation of Team Members to achieve the goals of Dawn Food Products, Inc. Understand and promote the philosophies and policies of Dawn Food Products, Inc. Supports the Circle of Excellence and the Dawn Philosophy of Team Dawn.
- Coordinates the implementation and monitoring of Food Defence initiatives in the plant.
QUALIFICATIONS/LEVELS OF COMPETENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Science or related field or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extended specialized training from baking institute or related discipline a plus. Experience with varied food audits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Quality Control Team
- Evironmental control (Sanitation team)
- All Departments internally
- Dawn Corporate QA Team
- Standard office related physical abilities.
- Minimal lifting and bending, assisting with bake off.
- Walking, standing in plant environment.
- Safety Hazards/PPE Requirements
- Slippery surfaces-plant floor
- Non-slip, steel toed footwear
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.