Senior Quality Manager
Ripple is looking for a Senior Quality Manager to join our growing team. Reporting directly to our Director of Quality Assurance, this person will be responsible for the following.
- Champion Ripple Quality Assurance programs, processes, and systems to ensure that Ripple’s activities performance exceeds company-wide expectations.
- Assure the development and execution of streamlined processes which effectively support the creation of the quality documentation and the evaluation of quality and food safety risks at Ripple Foods
- Provide leadership on departmental or cross-functional quality system management initiatives and establish and promote a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System
- Provide project direction, coaching, and mentoring in quality assurance to your direct report(s)
- Proactively investigate, identify, and implement best-in-class Quality Management practices
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Food Safety and Quality
- Ensure compliance of quality systems with local, state, federal and countries of sales food safety regulatory standards.
- Ensure product safety from ideation through development and first productions, review and communicate expectations to the quality engineering team. Work with quality engineering and project team lead to identify and mitigate risks to meeting quality milestones and goals.
- Be a support to the quality engineering team for food safety risk evaluation and process flexibility
- Supervise compliance of certifications (Kosher, non-GMO project verified…)
Suppliers and co-manufacturers risk evaluation and approval
- Manage the process of raw material and suppliers’ risk identification and prioritization
- Define standards for supplier approval and manage FSMA supplier verification program
- Manage department KPI and define improvement opportunities with procurement and product development
- Support the team with suppliers and co-manufacturers audits
Quality Assurance process management
- Support Ripple’s team in defining and structuring their process flows and communication channels by implementing processes, programs and SOP (document control, food safety plan, co-manufacturers approval…)
- Standardize and provide cross-functionally training to ensure consistency and compliance to processes and programs
- Support the Consumer Relationship team in the evaluation of consumer complaints and the classification between food safety, quality, and product design
- Escalate and bring the team together to understand risks and propose a plan when needed.
- Lead and contribute to complex departmental and cross-functional initiative and special projects as identified by management to support the business need
- Contribute to the Ripple culture.
- Play the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible - Possess and display desire, goodwill, initiative, and discipline.
- An effective communicator - Use excellent oral and written skills to communicate with all levels including executive management, outside vendors, and major customers professionally. Keep business leaders abreast of emerging situations as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to all levels -Translate vision and strategy into explicit plans and action. Rally support behind the vision. Inspire and motivate people to achieve high performance. Recognize success.
- Teach, coach, mentor, counsel, motivate and empower - Nurture relationships with the direct report(s) that result in a productive environment that is founded on mutual trust and respect.
- Solution-Oriented - work to overcome obstacles or roadblocks always working to resolve in a positive manner. Overcome challenges or obstacles even when it means choosing the hard right over the easy wrong. Expect the same from direct reports. Stay focused on critical priorities. Connect individual work deliverables to organizational and departmental goals.
- Ability to manage through conflict/problems - Recommend solutions, adjust and implement in a fast-paced highly matrixed business environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze root cause.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in food science and 8+ years minimum experience, or equivalent combination of diploma and work experience.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems, project management, process mapping, creating specifications and statistical problem-solving techniques
- Experience with strategic planning and integrating Quality Assurance processes throughout the entire organization.
- Experience working cross-functionally with R&D, Production, Engineering, Supply chain, and other departments
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is key to adapt to quickly changing priorities and manage multiple tasks /projects simultaneously.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.