Ripple is looking for a Quality Engineer to strengthen its quality team and guarantee that its products deliver an amazing experience for every Ripple consumer, just as they are designed to do!
- Create strong partnerships with Ripple’s co-manufacturers and warehouses, ensuring an integration between Ripple’s and co-manufacturers' quality systems and timely release of products
- Manage co-manufacturers, warehouses and suppliers performance, ensuring the delivering of high quality products, and continuously improving products and processes
- Participate in audit for co-manufacturers, warehouses and suppliers approval and verification activities
- Support Ripple’s pilot plant and tech transfer teams for quality management
External partners: co-manufacturers, warehouses, suppliers, laboratories, regulatory and certification agencies
Internal partners: tech transfer, product development, consumer response, supply chain, pilot plant
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work along the tech transfer team to integrate Ripple’s manufacturing process recommendations into the co-manufacturers food safety and quality plan to ensure regulatory compliance and high quality products.
- Identify co-manufacturers strengths and challenges, know their food safety plan and support their quality department to ensure sustained high quality of products and services.
- Ensure the quality documentation and food safety plan stay up to date, re-evaluate risk and manage impact whenever there is a change in the product, product environment or regulation.
- Manage the product release process to ensure products reach supply chain in a timely manner, and with the requested quality level (defining and implementing products sampling plans, release approval, holds, product tracking based on risk).
- Manage co-manufacturers, warehouses and suppliers performance through scorecards, ensure correct root cause analysis are conducted and corrective actions are implemented.
- Audit co-manufacturers, warehouses and suppliers when needed and follow up on action plans.
- Manage consumers and customers feedback for the co-packers and products under your responsibilities. Work with co-packers and supply-chain to evaluate risk and advise on actions. Communicate updates to key partners.
- Represent quality and support the pilot plant, tech transfer and supply chain in product development, sourcing and improvement projects.
- Play the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple!
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ worth of relevant industry experience and strong knowledge of quality systems for food manufacturers. They will have great scientific and personal skills, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or a related field
- Knowledge of Food Safety Management Systems and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of quality auditing (GFSI scheme audit experience is a plus)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret governmental regulations (FDA/cGMP), general business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures (USP)
- Ability to develop a management system and culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Proficient understanding of risk management practices and concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work cross functionally
- Ability to solve problems ranging from basic to complex
- Can effectively review data and perform analytics to drive improved quality and processes
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn technical software. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs with strong Excel skills
- Detail oriented, take initiative, and work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Proven teamwork and collaboration in small groups
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness for frequent travel to contract manufacturers, warehouses and suppliers (~40%)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.