JOB FILLED - Food Technologist
Ripple Foods, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial plant-based food tech company, exists to make dairy free done right: great tasting plant-based products that are nourishing to your body and leave a small footprint on the planet. We believe that the smallest actions can have far reaching impacts. We don’t claim that plant-based foods will save the world, but we think it can help. And we know it makes us happier and healthier.
Ripple Foods is looking for a Food Technologist to join our Product Development Team based in Berkeley, CA. The successful candidate will develop products, optimize existing formulas and provide technical support to other areas of the company. A burning curiosity for the how and why food systems work and the desire to make the world a little bit better for the people who try our products is a must.
- Partner closely with the Quality and Technology Transfer teams to provide product support such as testing and troubleshooting
- Perform experiments at bench, pilot, or plant scale to optimize production, quality and cost reduction
- Assist with pilot plant operations such as weighing out ingredients and batching recipes
- Conduct a wide range of analytical tests, sensory testing, shelf life and product stability studies
- Present research findings and reports in a well-organized written and verbal manner
- Update detailed ingredient, product, and process specifications
- Some travel required when safe to do so
- 1-2 years product development or 2-4 years of food industry experience
- BS in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Plant based product experience desirable
- Deep desire for knowledge of food chemistry, formulation, and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated success in experimental design, execution, and improvement
- Excellent time management, organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable in Excel/Sheets and the ability to quickly learn new software
- No ego – you are ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- An inclusive and collaborative environment where all ideas are welcome, iteration is encouraged, and the best ideas are adopted. As a certified B-corporation we go the extra mile to ensure our business benefits our employees, our consumers, our local community and the world around us
- Health care coverage for you and your family: Ripple covers 100% for employees and 80% for dependents
- Generous time off: the freedom you need to take time away from work to rest and recharge
- Pay It Forward or Give It Back: 20 hours paid time each year to volunteer. Join a planned event or volunteer individually for a cause that matters to you
- Paid bonding leave for new parents and pregnancy disability leave
- Financial and Emotional Wellness Programs: Equity grants, 401(k) offering, life insurance and access to our Employee Assistance Program
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.