Quality Assurance Manager
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- Position Type – Full-Time
- Location – San Lorenzo, CA
The Quality Assurance Manager will conduct internal food safety and facility audits and work with the quality assurance department resolving food safety and quality concerns. Individual will facilitate and execute quality assurance functions of the Kitchen and Production facility.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Some of the primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and maintain facility quality systems in compliance with Revolution Food’s quality standards and policies.
- Lead the food safety, sanitation, technical services and laboratory functions on all shifts.
- Facilitate facility audits including the receiving, storage, cooler, freezer, cooking, production, pack out, and outside areas.
- Maintain systems for checking, validating and verifying process compliance, including, but not limited to SPC, HACCP Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and Formula Control to provide production departments with tool necessary for daily operations.
- Ensure effective food safety and food quality training for plant team members and quality assurance staff.
- Advise the plant management team on food safety and food quality trends within the business and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Report the findings of food safety audits and analyze issues and implement solutions to GM.
- Enhancing food safety procedures at the facility
- Monitoring and documenting work-in-process ingredients and finished goods temperature on an hourly basis and maintaining the collected data
- Performing analysis checks of raw, work-in-process, and finished products through inspection. Analysis includes visual, weight, size, color, etc. on an hourly basis
- Collecting reports from other departments to solve external customer food safety concerns as directed
- Collecting daily retained samples.
- Weekly data collection and analysis from other departments
- Oversee external pest control operator on pest concerns and communicating recommendations to GM and Food Safety Director
- Work with all departments to prepare for external inspections.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, with an emphasis in Food Science, Microbiology, food engineering, Chemistry or related degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience in the food industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient on computer programs and software required
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desired
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.