Director Quality Control
Position encompasses Quality Control for all brands and sub-brands of The Republic of Tea for all locations as well as redundancy for contracted manufacturing locations. Responsibilities include FDA and State Compliance and third-party audit compliance for all Brands and Sub-Brands. Company lead for execution of HACCP plan, recall protocol, and state and government agency visits to facility. Oversee Master Sanitation programs. Direct quality standards and approval backup for all Vendors that provide materials such as tea, packaging, ingredients, etc.
- Taste tea to assure conformance to standard.
- Assure that TRoT is audit-ready at all times and compliant with all Federal and State regulations regarding food products, as outlined in our QA plan.
- Lead efforts to be compliant with the Global Food Safety Initiative (SCF scheme) and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Certified as SQF Practitioner and Preventative Controls Qualified Individual.
- Identify and implement process control points and continual improvement in the manufacturing process to reduce variation and out of spec products.
- Track and Analyze customer complaints.
- Ensure all co-packers produce products under the same standards as the The Republic of Tea Brand.
- Manage QC staff-training in procedures and Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Backup to audit all facilities producing The Republic of Tea products to include sub-brands and contract manufacturers.
- Experience with Regulatory agencies and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and can lead Total Quality Management (TQM) and Lean Manufacturing efforts include Statistical Process control measurement.
- Be able to manage the process of plant audits with outside auditors.
- Back up for travel to co-packers through-out the US and Upton Tea Imports location (20-25%).
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATON:
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Engineering, or Food Service of related field.
- 8 10 years of experience in Food Manufacturing to include quality assurance and quality control.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.