Job Filled USDA Supervisor
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Stop production if serious product defects are present.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
FOOD SAFETY & FOOD SECURITY RESPONSIBILITY: All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in Quality and Food Safety Management in a food manufacturing environment.
- USDA-inspected operations experience strongly preferred.
- Sanitation management experience preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Microbiology or other related field.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Chemistry — Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Analytical or scientific software — Minitab
- Compliance software — EtQ Reliance; MasterControl software; Sparta Systems TrackWise
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software
- Industrial control software — ASI DATAMYTE GageMetrics; Infinity QS ProFicient; PQ Systems MEASUREspy; Vivaldi Software Vivaldi Quality Management
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.