Quality Assurance Supervisor - Night
It all started with a cornfield and a common vision of a vertically-integrated egg products solution, managing the entire process from grain to finished product. This vision led Rembrandt Foods to become a leading egg ingredient producer in the United States, with global distribution. We supply egg ingredients to food manufacturers, brand owners, foodservice industries, and pet care manufacturers. Our expertise touches virtually every food category, including: mayonnaise and sauces, baked goods, confections, pasta and noodles, nutritional beverages and bars, and prepared foods.
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Night
This position is responsible to plan, organize, and oversee the day-to-day operation of quality assurance for the inspection and testing of egg products for a team of technicians. This role ensures repeatable and accurate food safety and quality test results and regulatory compliance efficiently and effectively. Coordinate quality supply inventories, collect samples, analyze data, compile and distribute various reports and updating product status in inventory management systems. The Quality Assurance Supervisor reports any safety, food safety, food quality, and/or work related issues with upper management when issues arise including coordinating and leading incident investigation. This position coordinates lab equipment calibration and maintenance and trains other individuals in quality and food safety procedures to support maintaining the SQF certification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains Food Safety plans, including verification and validation of the plans
- Develops, implements and maintains ingredient/product testing schedule
- Implements and maintains sanitation verification programs according to schedule
- Develops and ensures test result database(s) are maintained and accurate
- Ensures and verifies that all test results are repeatable and accurate; Verifies that in-process and finished product results are communicated to operations, quality assurance staff, and customers accurately
- Implements, maintains and revises facility quality policies and procedures, which may include activities necessary for PEPRLab laboratory recognition, and SQF certification
- Follows, verifies and takes appropriate actions to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF System
- Works with the in-plant USDA FSIS inspection personnel to ensure compliance with USDA FSIS regulations and other food regulatory requirements
- Trains and verifies technicians in activities such as SAP, proper sampling, good laboratory practices, chemical hygiene and testing procedures, etc.
- Coordinates outside lab testing, and incoming and outgoing packages and client samples
- Ensures laboratory equipment is operating correctly to ensure accurate results, including following the preventative maintenance schedule for verification and calibration
- Interacts with facility and industry on new technologies and processes, evaluating them for possible addition to present programs
- Maintains quality and laboratory supplies, ensuring required documents are on file
- Coordinates and verifies cleanliness of the laboratory and quality assurance areas
- Maintains product hold and release programs, ensuring product is not released without prior approval and documentation
- Collects, analyzes, compiles, distributes and presents various reports as requested
- Assists in the development of food safety and quality programs and procedures and assessing programs for effectiveness
- Assists and/or leads 3rd party and customer audits, and customer complaints for Food Safety/Food Quality/Food Regulatory
- Responsible for Quality, Food Safety, and Food Regulatory employee training
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring quality technician schedules, performance and developmental goals, and conducts annual performance appraisals
- Responsible for reporting and taking necessary actions to prevent/control food safety, food quality, and food regulatory risks
- Complete training and provide support, as necessary, to other Quality positions within the organization
- A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years’ experience in food manufacturing, with knowledge in chemistry and microbiology
- Clear understanding and working knowledge of food safety systems, quality systems, and regulatory compliance
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Ability to: motivate, lead, and logically problem solve
- Detail oriented, a strong work ethic, with strong computer and mathematical skills
- Able to plan, organize and coordinate varied projects
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology or Science or related field
- Previous supervisory experience with 4+ years microbiological experience in the food industry
- HACCP certification and/or knowledge
- GFSI knowledge/certification in SQF, BRC, or ISO
- FSMA, USDA EPIA, FDA regulatory knowledge
- Statistical Process Control knowledge
- Company issued safety and GMP PPE & apparel
- Laboratory Equipment for analytical, microbiological, and functionality testing
- Follows all Safety, Bio-Security, Environmental, and Animal Welfare Procedures
- Ensures compliance with and follows all OSHA and REI safety regulations and procedures
- Ensures that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensures a safe and clean work environment
- Maintains confidentiality
- Adheres to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- Takes appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.