Food Safety & Quality Assurance Associate
- Drive the food safety culture at Red Rabbit to ensure all employees are understanding and act in a manner to support food safety procedures
- Develop, review and update Standard Operating Procedures and document all job instruction and practices
- Provide support to other employees in monitoring all food safety related activities (environmental, foreign objects, temping, cooling, corrective actions, etc)
- On the floor verification of policies and procedures, including monitoring temperatures during the cooking and cooling processes and training employees on new policies
- Ensure Red Rabbit is compliant at all times with DOH regulations and internal procedures by performing regular walk throughs and audits
- Ensure vendors are compliant with all applicable regulations, best practices, and Red Rabbit standards for safe food production and are delivered in a controlled supply chain environment
- Create and document new policies and procedures and train all employees on those procedures
- Evaluate and spot check recipes daily for taste, consistency, and quality
- Maintain specs and standards for all ingredients and recipes
- HACCP development, validation and on-going maintenance of the policies and procedures to push continuous improvement
- Various projects assigned by leadership
- 2+ years of experience in QA and Food Safety, or formal food safety training.
- 1+ years professional culinary experience in a fast paced role either in the service industry (i.e. restaurant management) and/or managing high-volume kitchen production (i.e. commissary kitchen)
- 1+ years of management/supervisory experience in training employees
- Must have NYC food handlers license or certificate
- Certification and strong application skills in HACCP and SOP’s preferred
- Must have proficient computer skills and required to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google products
- Must have thorough written, communication, and analytical skills
- Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- BA/BS in Food Science/Management a plus
- We are Change Agents: What we do...matters.
- Tuition Loan Repayments: Because 77% of graduates have a loan debt, and we can all use some help.
- Free Meals: Access to great tasting, made from scratch food.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance: You want health insurance, we have great affordable options and Dental and Vision are 100% on us!
- Professional Development: Take a class on us and build upon your skillset.
- B-Corp Membership: Become a part of the B-Corp community
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.