JOB FILLED - Plant Quality Assurance Lead
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Plant Quality Assurance Lead to join our exciting new pet food business at one of our manufacturing sites. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
As part of our overall total compensation package, Red Collar Pet Foods offers a competitive benefits package to all associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, and 401k match. Associates are also immediately eligible (based on hire date) up to three weeks of vacation, Paid Holidays per year, Sick Pay, Maternity & Parental Leave and annual/quarterly bonus earning potential, plus many other ancillary benefits not listed here.
Purpose of Role
Support the Quality functions on site including all laboratory functions, (micro sampling, NIR functions, product testing, ordering lab and QS supplies), Driving daily cuttings, supporting Quality initiatives, and leading shift quality including shift conformance and product quality.
- Function as relief lab technician (this person will be a qualified lab technician either before selection or as part of the training process)
- Must be able to perform duties of all three Quality positions (Receiving, Processing, and Packaging)
- Will provide support for any incident at the site- specifically root cause analysis, corrective and preventative action documentation
- Will provide support to both Quality and Supply as needed to ensure Food Safety and Product Quality
- Will be responsible for coordinating Micro sampling on daily basis
- Review and finalize Non-con reports and assist with hold management and disposition (including product held and proper documentation and notification) -Maintain Hold Warehouse (disposition, disposal, documentation, food safety releases, packaging, and MSQM maintenance)
- Maintain retain ingredient and finished product storage
- Assist with maintaining records files
- Manage Lab supply inventory for both labs
- Participate as a member of the HACCP and Food Safety teams
- Develop or modify existing SOP documents for QA practices and submit for approval through document control system/ETQ
- Direct the training and development for lab technicians including Procedure verification & Auditing.
- Assist with Recipe Control
- Assist with continual improvement projects for both production and quality systems
- Effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization including the reporting and presentation of data as required.
- Shift Conformance
- Internal Audit Team
- Inbound Ingredient Program - management
- Other duties assigned by Plant Quality and Food Safety Manager
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum three years manufacturing experience in quality or operations
- Lead operator/cross functional experience preferred
- HACCP and food safety management
- FSSC22000 scheme and quality management systems
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
- Technical/Functional Skills
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, motivate, and lead a team
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
- Knowledge of raw materials, manufacturing processes and product specifications
- Desire for professional development as opportunities present themselves
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills with Leadership Capabilities
- High School or equivalent with an education in the sciences is preferred but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Science is desirable
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.