Food Safety Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a Food Safety Administrative Assistant to serve as a member of Food Safety Team for a vegetable grower. This person will aid in the maintenance of an effective Food Safety Program.
Review, enter, approve, and file all required food safety documentation.
Create and maintain spreadsheets to track data and produce reports.
Maintain documentation for Trace Back and Recall systems.
Aid in troubleshooting food safety problems and implementing program improvements.
Stay up to date on state/federal requirements (FDA, USDA, CDHS, NOP, etc.) and pest control measures.
Help to monitor the company’s food safety and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program.
Facilitate and promote improvement of our food safety program by communicating positively with employees, suppliers, and customers.
Work with our team to meet Food Safety and Security objectives and guidelines established by our policies, industry standards, and customer requirements.
Perform water and raw product sampling at the field level as needed.
Assist with related special projects and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years related experience recommended.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Computer proficient. High level Excel user.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to understand any and all safety procedures, guidelines, standards, and requirements.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Familiarity with industry terms such as SOPs, sampling, and COA, etc. recommended.
- Spanish language skills highly recommended.
- Possess a valid Class C driver’s license and be insurable.
Accurately create or complete detailed spreadsheets, forms, and reports.
Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Mature, professional individual, capable of working with others.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.