Quality Control Manager
Supervises, plans, coordinates and directs all quality control Inspectors designed to ensure continuous production/service consistent with established standards. Supervises the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectations. Supervises the overall plant sanitation and food safety programs for MZB.
- Manages Retail QC and Gourmet/Food Service QC Supervisors and their staff
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives for the Retail, Food Service and Gourmet area of facility, active participant in cupping finished product
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities to include weight control, moisture, color, decaffeination analysis, as well as assist in sanitation, overall food quality and food safety
- Processes sales/marketing requests for blend analysis and assist in sampling for sales
- Interface with major customer Quality personnel and compliance to standards
- Assists in customer complaints/questions for MZB Brands, Private Label, and Food Service. Assist with customer letters and product mail outs
- Primary SQF Practitioner and central driver for site SQF requirements. Responsibilities for Food Safety & Quality include:
- Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF System including food safety and food quality fundamentals, and updating all SQF documents, manuals, procedures, and forms
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System
- Serves as the central driver for all SQF requirements
- Maintains library of all SQF documents and requirements
- Responsible for ongoing audits of SQF Policies and Procedures
- Plans, implements and conducts annual audits of each department to ensure SQF compliance
- Maintains training documentation
- Assists in the managing of HACCP, GMP’s, the specification system
- Assist with supporting Lean Manufacturing and 6-Sigma
- Strong knowledge of GMP’s, labeling laws, HAACP, GFSI Certification Requirements. 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training.
- BS/BA degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in managing a quality control function inside a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Formal 6-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to use PC and widely used software, spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (inside and outside the company)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.