JOB FILLED - Manager, Food Safety & QA (Suppliers)
Responsible for the implementation and execution of quality and food safety programs to ensure compliance of all food and packaging suppliers and service providers of Qdoba. Actively provides technical and food safety leadership and insight to cross functional teams.
- Manages Qdoba’s QA and food safety documentation for all food and packaging items including specifications, 3rd party audits, and all QA/food safety documentation.
- Partners with restaurants and suppliers to investigate and resolve product quality and food safety issues.
- Works with cross-functional teams on test/LTO projects and provides technical expertise throughout process.
- Evaluates, develops and implements food and packaging safety and quality programs throughout the Qdoba brand. Ensures all safety procedures are in place and managed correctly and effectively.
- Conducts food safety audits and onsite supplier quality resolution activities as needed.
- Represents the FSQA department as a technical lead for decisions pertaining to ingredient food safety and quality systems. Identifies and initiates product safety and quality system enhancements and upgrades.
- Reviews and evaluates the risk of food safety and quality test results; makes recommendations and proposed corrective action plans. Manages and deploys department resources to ensure appropriate oversight and response to program management needs.
- Directly manages or influences the management of specific ingredient categories and specific “special assignments” as directed.
- Serves as subject matter expert with supporting departments such as Marketing, Technical Services, and Supply Chain to promote understanding of food safety and quality programs and procedures, and to troubleshoot any misinformation or discrepancies.
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Animal Science, or related field. Knowledge of the auditing process and GSFI standards is desired.
- 5+ years of relevant food safety and/or food quality / safety management experience required. Prior management experience is desired.
- Requires a broad knowledge of food industry product safety and quality assurance principles and practices.
- GMP, HACCP principles, auditing systems and processes, sanitation, process capabilities, crisis management system. Understanding of government regulatory requirements for products (State, Local, Federal, USDA/FSIS, FDA, Food Code)
- Strong working knowledge of microbiology, chemistry, statistical process control, and SSOP. Excellent English oral and written skills. Strong organization, interpersonal, and supervisory skill. Working knowledge of personal computers and software. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
- Ability to speak/hear clearly in person and on telephone. Ability to travel to supplier facilities, distribution centers, restaurants, and other related facilities up to 25% of the time as business needs require.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.