Quality Assurance Manager
As Quality Assurance Manager you would with your team's support make sure our 75 people strong workforce complies with the FDA GMP guidelines in every detail. You would make sure our staff follows the Batch Records and SOPs. You would alert management if there are discrepancies and receive support from management to improve the system. You would be integral to our entire operation and communicate frequently one on one and through meetings with the Sales Manager, Production Manager, Purchasing, Warehouse, HR, and the CEO.
- Reports to the CEO.
- Supervises QA Document and Label Control.
- Supervises QA Lead.
- Leads regulatory, third-party and client audits.
- Responds to findings resulting from regulatory, third-party, client and internal audits.
- Writes and implements new procedures as needed.
- Leading and monitoring CAPA investigations, returns, re-works and complaints.
- In charge of Supplier qualification/disqualification program.
- Review and approval of Master Manufacturing Records.
- Review and approval of Labels for regulatory compliance.
- Review and approval of cleaning and sanitation procedures as well as cleaning validation and cleaning verification.
- Monitors, verifies, and documents SOPs related to product quality standards, safety, and sanitation.
- Supervises that the production of consistent quality products through the development and enforcement of excellent manufacturing practices, and procedures are adhered to.
- Helps in communicating product safety and quality standards to company personnel.
- Controls further processing or shipment of nonconforming material or defective product.
- Helps in training, coaching, mentoring, empowering and developing team members. This includes coordinating team involvement activities to drive “continuous quality improvement” processes.
- Conducts relevant training and education on food/supplement handling safety.
- Maintains, update and improve Quality Manuals.
- Assesses the performance of sanitation crew.
- Facilitates NSF, UL, Non-GMO and Organic certification and yearly re-certification requirements.
- SOP reviews, writing, posting, and implementing.
Position Reports to:
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance Department of our supplement manufacturing facility. This includes receiving, communicating to, and responding to auditors from both UL, NSF, and auditors from customers. This also includes talking directly to the our B2B clients in regard to Certificate of Analysis and more.
You would manage two people that are dedicated to supporting your QA Department with the goal to maintain and improve our SOP, MPR, PR, and all processes and facilities so we will be able to successfully pass our audits!
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2-10 years of previous QA experience in the food/supplement production industry.
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, SOP, 21 CFR 111, 117 and 101, sanitation, chemical safety, pest control.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Assertive, high-energy person.
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team-focused mentality.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Excellent record keeping/documentation skills.
- High sense of urgency and ability to achieve priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities to meet company demands.
A leader that leads with a good example, is peronable and organized. Knows QA inside out and has over 5 years of experience.
2-10 years of previous QA experience in the food/supplement production industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.