Food Safety Manager #3820S
- Managing the development, implementation and maintenance of food safety programs and activities
- Ensure all relevant quality and regulatory requirements are compliant with customer food safety requirements and governing authorities such as FSMA, FDA, CDFA and USDA
- Program management including but not limited to policy development, verification for implementation, correction of any identified non-conformance, and maintenance of relevant documentation of all food safety related activities
- Manage quality assurance staff to ensure alignment of business needs and conditions
- Conduct training and auditing of all Food Safety programs, regulatory compliance and facilitating food safety culture throughout the team and organization
- Responsible for overall effectiveness and efficiency of food safety programs
- Manage coordination and cooperation with on-site audits performed by FDA, GFSI, USDA and/or independent customer auditors
- Maintain compliance with all appropriate legal requirements, industry standards, while focusing on continuous process improvement
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans
- Maintain all registries as required by FDA, USDA and GFSI
- Reassess Food Safety plan(s) whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, specification, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
- Food Safety expert with at least 5 years of management experience in a produce environment
- Extremely knowledgeable in FSMA, Preventive Controls, Produce Safety Rule, HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and quality and food safety programs required
- Able to implement and maintain a HACCP based food safety plan
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing and developing high functioning teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of plant personnel with diplomacy
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, effectively present information to individuals and groups including growers, customers, clients, sales, upper management, and other employees
- Outstanding project management and planning skills
- Must have unwavering integrity, flexibility, dependability, ability to work within policy guidelines and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or a related discipline preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish ideal but not required
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.