Lead, Quality Assurance
The Quality Assurance Team Leader’s main responsibility lies in the water processing. This person insures that the water specifications are correct for each product produced, from the beginning of the process to the end. They tend all the tanks in the plant, spring, and process room. Continuously throughout the production run they perform microbiological testing on the finished product to ensure its quality. QA Team Leader must follow all HACCP and SQF regulations.
Hours are flexible, but must overlap night shift (5pm-5am) by at least 3 hours in order to maintain communication with all shifts.
- Undergraduate degree in chemistry or science preferred, but will accept experience in lieu of education.
- Minimum of two years work-related experience or training preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, as this position is primary vacation coverage person.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Computer experience is required.
- Forklift certification (Must complete certification within 90 days of hire.)
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee all plant regulatory testing.
- Participation and preparation for all plant audits.
- Assist with completing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audits, customer complaint investigations, and mock recall and traceability exercises.
- Performs daily and quarterly micro tests (coliform, HPC, yeast/mold, etc.)
- Oversee maintenance of all water processing related equipment.
- Must be able to work off-shifts as needed.
- Assist with resolution of non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Monitor all areas of the plant for GMP compliance.
- Makes sure that all personnel are adhering to corporate GMP policies.
- Monitor all lab supply inventories regularly.
- Weekly collection of outside lab samples.
- Function as a training resource to the plant.
- Fills in for Quality Technicians and the Quality Assurance Manager as needed.
- Manages quality documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.