Sanitation Manager - PM
- Manages level of adherence to Regulatory Compliance, Good Manufacturing Practices and PM FSQMS with regards to sanitation, hygienic design and pest elimination.
- Monitor and audit, making adjustments as necessary to processing and packaging equipment cleaning systems to ensure optimal operation and microbiologically clean
- Ensures adherence to Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices as they relate to Sanitation and Hygienic Design of the facility and manufacturing equipment
- Ensures compliance with all company and regulatory product quality standards, sanitation standards, food safety standards, employee safety and environmental standards, including Food Safety Modernization Act, FSIS/USDA requirements
- Develops and implements SSOP’s, to include a comprehensive training program
- Ensures Chemical Safety is adhered to at all times as per federal regulations
- Manages Chemical Inventory, Ordering of Chemicals for the Sanitation program and local vendor relationships
- Accountable for corrective and preventative actions for out of control environmental microbiological results, in collaboration with the site Quality Manager
- Works closely with site Quality Manager for tracking/trending and analysis of the environmental monitoring program
- Works closely with management and production personnel on sanitation problems recommending changes to improve sanitation policies, procedures, and standards
- Perform comprehensive sanitation audits and develop a more streamlined tracking and reporting process for sanitation audit reports
- Compiles regular reports regarding inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies
- Continue the development of training programs for sanitation and GMP’s, and train affected employees
- Manages and maintains Master Sanitation Schedule
- Facilitate the implementation of action responses to address sanitation and regulatory trends
- Work closely with Chemical suppliers on chemical changes/sanitation improvements, results and costs related to plant sanitation
- Manages the integrated pest management program by overseeing the contracted pest control service and maintaining compliance with all applicable organic regulations
- Ensures corrective and preventative actions are initiated and closed for pest elimination findings
- Manage in collaboration with maintenance scheduled preventative maintenance including dismantling and inspecting all processing and packaging equipment to ensure equipment is not cross contaminated and for OEE of downtime
- Maintains a working knowledge of OSHA and collaborates with Company Safety Director to ensure compliance
- Understands and enforces Lock Out Tag Out Procedures during sanitation activites
- Functions as a working member of the site HACCP/HARPC plans
- Strong communication skills and team player in productivity.
- Sanitation and Food manufacturing knowledge is required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field or equivalent
- Three (3) years supervisory experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.