- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Self- motivated with a positive, can do attitude.
- Team oriented.
- Able to work independently or with others.
- Strong time management skills.
- A working knowledge of USDA, FDA, SQF and OSHA requirements.
- Previous experience in sanitation required.
- Previous supervisor experience preferred.
- 3rd Shift, Monday - Friday 10:00 pm - 6:00 am. Minimum 40 hours per week. Additional hours including weekends may be required or during peak seasons.
For more than 30 years, The Popcorn Factory has been the "popcorn authority" with our impressive collection of crowd-pleasing gifts and great-tasting snacks. We start with the finest corn grown right here in the USA and transform each kernel into premium popcorn using 100% corn oil and infusions of the very tastiest flavors. The Popcorn Factory pops over 1 million pounds of popcorn per year, and all of our popcorn is Kosher OU-D.
The Popcorn Factory is part of the 1-800-Flowers.com Family of Brands (www.1800flowers.com).
- The Sanitation Supervisor will support the Production department in variety of functions and tasks.
- Schedule and supervise a crew of hourly sanitation workers to ensure plant operations meet mandatory sanitation requirements for machinery, equipment, and facility.
- Maintains Key Performance Indicators, Work Instructions and verification of Sanitation Standard Operating procedures (SSOP's) for all production related activities to ensure consistency and optimal productivity is maintained at all times.
- Maintains facility and equipment in an "audit ready always" condition.
- Proactively monitors daily operations to prevent problems that could affect food safety, product quality and productivity.
- Understands chemical specifications and their effectiveness/proper application for different processing and packaging equipment SSOP's, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure.
- Train sanitation and plant employees to achieve and maintain sanitation objectives.
- Build and maintain a Master Sanitation Schedule and related documentation.
- Meet cleaning frequencies established in the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Make recommendations for improvements and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to troubleshoot quality issues.
- Make recommendations on hiring, firing, discipline, and promotions.
- Explain hazards and safety measures to employees and monitor compliance.
- Maintain chemical inventory quantities on an ongoing basis and interact with the chemical supplier for advice on training or issues related to sanitation.
- Participate in the development and auditing of SSOP's.
- Maintain the sanitation program with minimal supervision.
- Strictly enforce safety and GMP policies and maintain superior plant cleanliness.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.