Quality Assurance Manager
We’ve been passionate about raising uncommonly great-tasting turkey for generations. With roots dating back almost two hundred years, our family farmers are committed to our highest standards for animal welfare. We raise quality poultry that you’ll feel great feeding your family.
Responsible for managing all aspects of the FSQA department at the plant level to include policies and procedures, compliance with government regulations, and adherence to quality standards of Company products.
Provide oversight and monitoring of FSQA team and of operational processes for compliance with established procedures to include, but are not limited to SSOPs, HACCP, GMP, Animal Welfare and other regulatory prerequisite programs, FSQA audits and supporting company and customer FSQA programs.
- Customer paperwork completion and generation
- Auditing; Inclusive, but not limiting Third Party, Customer, Organic, FSIS, SQF, GMP, and AWF
- Program standardization (Such as pest control, food defense, recall, specifications)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, review, manage, and ensure compliance to HACCP, SSOP, GMP, AWF, SWF, Organic, Pest Control, Sanitation, Microbiological, and Recall procedures. In addition to managing processes related to food safety and quality assurance management systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory policies, directives and notices, and provide effective liaison with USDA-FSIS, government regulatory agencies and organic certifying agency at the plant level. Manages USDA-FSIS relationship at the plant level.
- Leads investigations and problem solving sessions for
- Customer complaints
- Program deviations
- Manage corrective action processes to comply with regulatory requirements to identify cause, address the product, restore control, reevaluate processes, modify procedures or improve the food safety system, and prevent recurrences.
- Maintain microbiological sampling and testing justifications, objectives and standards for product, equipment, environment and personnel.
- Communicate plant testing and FSQA records data to plant management and sanitation teams.
- Collaborate with operations supervisors, maintenance and production personnel to address daily issues as they arise such as operation or transportation issues, process control deviations and/or product noncompliance
- Including, but not limited to: temperature, sanitation, specifications, foreign objects, analytical and packaging
- Ensure FSQA resources are available to meet plant schedule needs.
- Communicate plant schedule changes to USDA and Sanitation.
- Manages and completes all product specification updates and communicates with sales and customer service teams to ensure proper use.
- Monitor the integrity of structures and equipment defects that may create food safety and sanitation deficiencies/non compliances.
- Maintain, coordinate, and improve quality assurance objectives. Inspect, identify, inform, and resolve any issue with production and facilities management.
- Provide and establish internal and external reports, as deemed necessary.
- Train and document employee training regarding the principles and practices of HACCP, SSOPs, GMPs, and defined regulatory pre-requisite programs.
- Responsible for defining, training and documentation of process controls and procedural practices for optimal productivity and product integrity.
- Ensuring accountability for the quality and safety of food products.
- Responsible for ensuring success on all third party, animal welfare, and customer audits.
- Perform other related duties as necessary to achieve objectives.
Manage New Oxford FSQA team members. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related field
- Minimum five (5) years quality assurance experience in poultry processing, including two (2) years managerial experience in food safety and product quality
- Strong analytical ability and math skills
- Ability to organize, plan and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively within the Company and with regulatory agency personnel
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point)
- Labeling experience desired
- HACCP and SQF certified
- Sitting 60%
- Walking 20%
- Standing 20%
- Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less)
- Speaking-ordinary speech
- Hearing-ordinary conversation
- Fingering-computer keyboard
- Exposure to fluorescent lights
- Climate variation – cold (coolers/freezers)
- Local travel - 10%
- Overnight travel – 25%
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.