JOB FILLED - 2ND SHIFT Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Organizes and coordinates the activities of quality and food safety team around implementation of quality and food safety programs and standards.
- Recommends new quality policies and procedures as necessary to ensure high quality products, processes and services.
- Communicates programs and standards to quality/food safety team and other plant employees. Coordinates training.
- Conducts other tests, microbial testing and assigned projects.
- Maintains good communication and working relationship with the quality team and operations and USDA personnel.
- Ensures that all USDA regulations are followed and that Pilgrim's and customer quality programs meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and directing the work schedules of hourly employees.
- Previous Supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience in poultry/food environment required; prepared foods or fully cooked experience preferred.
- Must have an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have proficient computer skills. SAP experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to become well versed in customers' quality programs in short period of time.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Must be dependable, prompt and willing to work weekends and overtime as needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.