Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Food Technologist Pilgrim’s that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
- Responsible for the development of new products and improvements of current products to deliver on objective of the annual business plans (with technical support and alignment from direct manager).
- Apply sound culinary techniques to design products with consumer/customer valued attributes
- Investigate for product and process challenges; provide challenges; provide creative solutions to solve challenges in development and commercialization
- Work with other departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, Quality and Purchasing) to determine equipment, materials and processes necessary to produce products to maximize capacity and optimize product quality and differentiation (with technical support and alignment from direct manager).
- Ensure accurate product information input to Cost Accounting to maintain the integrity of data entered into manufacturing management systems
- Understand the needs of the customer in the target market segments
- Coordinate and participate in key customer products presentations
- Work collaboratively with marketing and sales team to develop products and appropriate technical documentation to meet or exceed expectations (with technical support and alignment from direct manager).
- Be knowledgeable on current market trends through participation in food shows, sales meeting, technical presentations, reviewing periodicals, and partnerships with suppliers
- Maintain a working knowledge of current USDA, FDA, FNS regulations as they relate to the food processing industry
- Owner of product specifications in SAP
- Document all testing procedures and prepare recommended production procedures
- Conduct cooking and heating validations to ensure food safety on label declarations as governed by policies
- Recommend, evaluate and advocate new product concepts which should be taken to next level of development
- BS in Food Science or related field plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant work experience and has worked in a production plant setting
- MS in Meat/Food Science or related field with production plant setting internship preferred
- Familiarity with PLM and RD modules in SAP highly preferred, but not required
- Travel up to 40% of the time
- Proven ability to manage research projects
- Possesses effective presentation skills and is highly motivated
- Technical knowledge and good reasoning abilities
- Mature, enthusiastic, motivated leader
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Excellent PC skills with solid functional understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Good organization skills with the ability to plan a myriad of projects/activities with a high energy level
- Creative problem solving skills, sound judgment, and an orientation towards innovation
- Ability to establish credibility with others, as well as be decisive
- Ability to recognize and support the organization preferences and priorities
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.