Food Safety & Quality Manager
Immediate career opening for a motivated Food Safety & Quality Manager that enjoys being out in the plant and guiding the team! We are looking for a strong team player to “own the function” and be an integral part of the leadership team at our largest facility in Grand Forks, ND.
Grand Forks is nestled in the Red River Valley and home to the best family-friendly, high-tech, vibrant college town you're going to find! Enjoy nationally ranked college sports programs with the University of North Dakota right in town and North Dakota State just an hour away. There is also convenient access to Minneapolis, home to many professional sports teams, great restaurants and museums, and of course, the Mall of America.
Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Quality Management System, and driving quality improvement initiatives at the plant level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of direct reports with responsibility for leadership throughout the entire facility
- Work with Manufacturing, R&D and the corporate Quality teams to ensure that product specifications meet consumer/customer needs while matching manufacturing capability.
- Provide leadership and coaching to employees through a shared Quality vision for the operation.
- Lead GFSI audit program and certification process.
- Manage the integrated pest management program and facility sanitation.
- Facilitate trials related to quality improvement, new product commercialization, cost saving initiatives and reduction of variation in process and product quality.
- Conduct quality reviews with product systems and track performance against key action plans.
- Track, report, and review the Quality Performance Indicators on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement
- Facilitate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of customer complaints
- Create long term value through an effective Quality Management System that consistently produces first quality products and improves facility competitive position.
- Lead product / process analyses or other product risk assessments and quality process deployments to proactively seek out and manage performance risk.
- Ensure functioning audit systems periodically assess procedures for both conformance to expectations and overall effectiveness.
- Increase capability of plant quality and laboratory staff through development and training
- Manage core training and certification processes at the facility
- Influence plant leadership to ensure all quality programs and systems are implemented effectively
- Engage local plant management and plant workforce to drive a best in class Food Safety & Quality Culture
- Ensure standard work through development of work documentation and training to standards
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in the management of the department.
- Food Safety or Science related Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in food manufacturing OR
- Associates Degree and minimum of 10 years’ experience in food manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years food manufacturing leadership experience required
- Previous experience with GFSI audits, preferably BRC
- HACCP or PCQI Certification required
- Experienced and highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough understanding of GMP, SOP, SSOP, FDA and traceability
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, written interpersonal and presentation communications skills needed.
- Ability to demonstrate lean manufacturing, root cause analysis and process improvement skills
- Must be able to work in an environment with high heat and humidity
- Must be able to walk on concrete floors and climb stairs occasionally
Our company offers a competitive package including vacation, paid holidays, bonus based on performance, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance and voluntary STD, LTD, and life insurance benefits. Come grow with us!
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.