Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have an opening for a FSQ Manager at our Warner Robins, Georgia facility.
The Food Safety/Quality (FSQ) Manager will develop and manage Quality, Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs and activities that will ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including GMP and HARPC. The FSQ Manager will integrate quality assurance into all functions and roles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain product quality at all levels within the facility and ensure that quality programs are consistent with regulatory agency’s requirements. Responsible for establishing standards, policies and procedures for QA programs.
- Foster and maintain the Facility Food Safety and Quality systems and culture.
- Monitor, support and enforce all food safety processes and procedures and maintains the corrective and preventive action program for troubleshooting production concerns and customer product issues.
- Manages teambuilding and evaluates the skills and training needed of the hourly QA team members. Participates in investigation and research and contributes to continuous improvement of the department.
- Implements quality assurance programs that effectively monitor product manufacturing in a way that result in company compliance with regulatory, FDA, GMP, HARPC, and GFSI audit scheme level standards, for third party audit and customer product requirements.
- Establish manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control and new product development. Including document control parameters to continuously monitor production paperwork which validates product produced is within specification, is traceable, and is safe to the consumer.
- Serves as GFSI Audit scheme Practitioner as well as managing regulatory oversight with food safety concerns.
- Conducts verification, validation of Food Safety systems, including Pre-requisite programs.
- Conduct monthly Food Safety Inspections. Ensure all quality procedures are followed per documented policies.
- Develop and execute training programs that support the Company’s objectives regarding quality and food safety
- Develop and monitor QA budgets and provides support to operations.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Exhibits a commitment to quality and quality systems.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent communication with proficiency in English reading and writing.
- Ability to develop and implement processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and GAP’s
- Previous experience with SQF, Primus, BRC and/or USDA audits desirable
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
- Must be flexible with work hours and days
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science preferred
- Or a minimum of 3-5 years of food safety experience, with experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.