Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
Our rapidly expanding company is ready to increase our team with an enthusiastic Food Safety & QA Manager to develop and oversee all of the food safety regulations, policies, and procedures. The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, SQF, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
If you thrive in a challenging, high performing and fast growing company, then we are ready for you to join our team.
- Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns
- Conduct facility food safety audits as well as manage third party audits
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards
- Maintaining and managing the food safety security plan
- Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements
- Assist buyers with training and educating potential suppliers to ensure compliance
- Work closely with Production Manager on any food safety or quality assurance issues
- Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requirements
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Oversee all functions of QA and QC
- A minimum of 1-3 years of food safety experience, with experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred
- Knowledgeable in QA and QC
- Experience with FSMA
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and GAP’s
- Previous experience with SQF, Primus, BRC and/or USDA audits desirable
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
- Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing
- Must be flexible with work hours and days
Detail oriented, and possesses strong computer skills, including MS Office and Excel
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.