Quality Assurance Manager
Ideal Team Member
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager ensures that customer expectations of product quality are met or exceeded, by instilling a Culture of Quality. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the Company quality programs, processes and procedures at all sites, including HACCP, SQF, SOP’s and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- HACCP Coordinator and responsible for HACCP compliance.
- SQF Practitioner and oversees the SQF Program.
- Performs internal audits to ensure ongoing compliance of food safety protocols.
- Validate performance of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and other SQF programs and ensure overall quality expectations and guidelines are met.
- Provide personnel training on HACCP, SQF and GMP’s and JHA’s.
- Responsible for annual SQF Audits, and maintains all department records.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of quality and operational practices.
- Manages consumer inquiries and complaints.
- Manages and leads the quality team across the organization.
- Ensures current certification for all farms and processing facilities.
- All issues or non-conformances related to quality assurance or food safety must immediately be reported to the Quality Assurance Manager or departmental supervisor/manager for communication with the Quality Assurance Manager.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Related 4 year degree
- 5 years' related food industry experience
- HACCP certification
- SQF practitioner
- Previous management experience
- Proven audit management skills
- Periodic travel to multiple facilities and suppliers
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.