Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager ensures that products received, produced and shipped meet company specification. This position is responsible for maintaining, implementing and managing the HACCP, SQF and Safety programs, and works closely with other departments to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations. This position is also responsible for the timely completion, review, and disposition of regulatory documents and facility records, and performs activities associated with document flow and all other documents managed by Quality Assurance.
- Maintain certifications QAI (Organic), AIB
- Achieve SQF certification
- Write/re-write practices as required
- Monitor QC of production lines
- Organize audits
- Conduct audits of all facility and grounds
- Maintain Food Safety and Food Quality programs in accordance with FSMA, FDA.
- Organize and conduct calibration of equipment
- Run QA lab and confirm all testing
- Manage Document Control Specialist and Lab Assistant staff
- Manage all food safety systems; HAACP, mock recalls, COA review, IPM, lab data entry, retain program, allergens
- Manage non-conformance of raw materials issues
- Validate sanitation procedures by ATP and water testing
- Provide corrective actions on-the-spot for food safety needs
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Complete accident reports
- Complete investigation of accidents and determine corrective actions
- Write work orders and follow-up
- Organize safety training for all departments
- Maintain training literature
- Write Safe Work Practices
- Manage compliance programs; IIPP, LOTO, etc.
- Assist Supervisor of the Sanitation department
- Manage supplies – source, order, and manage inventory and costs
- Manage forms
- Plan new daily tasks with Supervisor
- Organize pick-up of food waste, recyclable materials, mixed waste
- Maintain sanitation equipment; service orders, order parts
- Write sanitation word orders
- Bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry, food science, nutrition, or related industry highly preferred
- 5 years of experience in food safety or quality assurance required
- Certified Food Safety Professional
- Good working knowledge of all U.S. Food and Drug Administration, state and local health department regulations and policies applicable to food safety and compliance. Candidate must also be knowledgeable of recent Acts implemented by the USDA and FDA (country of origin labeling act, federal food allergen and consumer protection act, bioterrorism act, etc.)
- Work experience in a warehouse/distribution operation or food manufacturing is highly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Bi-lingual – English/Spanish Mandatory
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.