Quality Assurance Supervisor
The QA Supervisor is responsible for quality assurance and food safety initiatives throughout the facility with a focus on implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, implement, maintain and review food safety plans based on HACCP plan; USDA and FDA requirements
- Supervise SQF procedures by conducting and/or evaluating various product tests, and operational procedures to meet specifications
- Development and management of a CAPA (corrective action/preventive action) program to ensure the appropriate responses to deviation, non-conformance or audit deficiencies
- Ensure compliance on product quality consistence by developing and executing food quality plan, policies and procedures
- Supervise day-to-day food safety and quality compliance as per schedule of activities and ensure products / processes meet quality and food safety standards
- Responsible to verify and validate the traceability system
- Lead the QA team day to day by developing skills and setting expectations of the team
- Communicate between multiple teams to implement and verify quality assurance and control procedures to ensure product quality, safety, and legality
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and guidelines
- Maintain vendor approval program by requesting updated and new documents
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualification and Skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in a food production environment
- Degree/Diploma in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field of study
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Working knowledge of SQF, HACCP, Food Plant Sanitation and GMP
- Experience performing monthly facility audits and GMP inspection
- Experience developing and implementing SOPs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift, Monday to Friday
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.