JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Auditor -1st Shift
This position provides quality assurance support to the Manufacturing and Research departments to assure that products are manufactured to quality specifications as it pertains to the daily documentation of production and/or packaging. This position is responsible for assisting employee training, GMP audits, and SOP audits, and Plant audits.
Essentials of the Postion:
- Able to perform pre-operational inspection, record results, and take necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure that GMP practices are being followed including washing hands and using sanitizer when necessary, changing of gloves when needed, hairnet and beard net requirements and dress code policy.
- Capable of entering data into computer for customer comments, inspections, and material reports as required (Non-Conforming Product, Defective Raw Materials, Pre-Operational Inspections, Swabs, etc).
- Capable of pulling samples of incoming shipments, perform required tests, record results, and take corrective actions as required.
- Capable of swabbing environment for microbiological safety.
- Capable of learning or have knowledge of ATP swabbing.
- Conduct test studies with minimal supervision as required.
- Conduct bake off evaluations as required.
- Follow up on customer comments with plant and ensure corrective actions are documented and completed.
- Ability to conduct inspections, record results, and follow up with management to ensure corrective actions are documented and completed.
- Use computer software to measure, track and trend supplier quality performance and provide feedback to the organization and to the supplier for continuous improvement.
- Apply lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts daily.
- Ensure accurate weights of production and all other required record keeping are maintained; validate accuracy.
- Ensure correct ingredients and proper age based on julian codes are used.
- Verify all production records as they pertain to weight checks, lot number reports, final weight checks, spiral freezer record, downtime, and operational sanitation Ensure that all rework pizzas are handled properly.
- Pull all products that are needed for customers, micro testing, and daily production library.
- Verify pizza packaged correctly.
Associates Degree in Food Science, Biology, or Science related field; or High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and 4-5 years related experience.
- QA/QC experience in food manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills: PC-based software/Microsoft Office) 1-2 years.
- Knowledge and/or certification in HACCP helpful but not required.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Must be able to keep accurate records manually or with the aid of a calculator.
- Use standard measuring tools for weighing ingredients.
- Great attention to detail.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.