Quality Control Manager
Pacific Trellis Fruit has been in business since 1999. Since then, we have become one of America’s top year-round growers, shippers, and marketers of premium fresh fruits like table grapes, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches and more. Dulcinea Farms joined Pacific Trellis Fruit in 2014, expanding our lineup to include tasty mini and full-size seedless melons as well as cantaloupes.
We have a spectacular opportunity for a Quality Control Manager to join our team in Gloucester, NJ.
The Quality Control Manager performs a key commodities market partnership role with Sales, Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Sales, Transportation, and Operations Departments as well as 3rd Party cold storage staff to investigate problems, identify opportunities and resolve inquiries related to shipping and inventory in a timely and effective manner.
The primary goal of the position is ensuring consistency of all Pacific Trellis Quality Control SOP’s while working closely with company leaders and as needed interaction with growers and
shippers to supply information and support the requirements of import programs.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of working experience in import requirements from regulatory divisions of USDA, PPQ, CBP, and FDA as related to fresh fruit Import requirements and regulations.
- 1+ year of exposure and familiarity with Food Safety standards based on FSMA and 3rd Party Audits (Primus).
- Bi-lingual Spanish (preferred)
- 4+ years management experience in Quality Inspections and program controls in the produce industry.
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing a Quality Team/employees and Quality Control Department Operation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of USDA grade standards, and of fresh produce shipper/grower QC specifications, as well as retail customer specifications.
- Working knowledge of FSMA and USDA Food Safety standards.
If you’re looking for a great opportunity to advance your Food Safety career, we want to talk to you!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.