Quality Control Inspector
Pacific International Marketing (Pacific) a leading grower, processor, and shipper is actively recruiting to fill the Quality Control Inspector opening. Position reports directly to regional Managers, works independently and interacts with all levels of operations and sales in a collaborative team environment. This position will be based out of Santa Maria, CA and will relocate for 4 months (November – March) to Yuma, AZ.
- Cooler and fields duties as needed
- The QC Inspector is responsible for assuring the quality of incoming and outgoing product.
- Requires the reporting, monitoring and sampling of product throughout the production stages.
- Post/Pre harvest inspection of product, and assisting in food safety audits and testing.
- Responsible for documenting quality and inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
- Position requires hands-on experience in quality control and quality assurance, estimates, and inventory.
- Assist and supports all facets of the Quality Control and Food Safety departments.
- Assist in the repacking of product to meet acceptable quality standards.
- General knowledge of fresh produce industry and aids in meeting the highest product quality and food safety standards for our customers.
- 3+ years of experience related to Quality Control - Bilingual
- English and Spanish - Work independently as well as within a team; strong interpersonal skills
- Acceptable driving record - Intermediate Computer skills
- Quality Control experience in the produce industry
- Knowledge of produce inventory management
- Working knowledge of Food Safety programs and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.