JOB FILLED - Food Safety Coordinator
Pacific International Marketing (Pacific), a leader in the produce industry, is actively seeking a Food Safety Coordinator. Position is based in Santa Maria, CA. The ideal candidate must have a degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Agriculture or related field in addition to 1-5 years' work experience in Food Safety, Quality Assurance or equivalent.
- Inspect grower records for Pacific and LGMA compliance.
- Inspect harvest crews and harvest documentation for Pacific and LGMA compliance.
- Lead third party audits of harvest crews.
- Act as a secondary LGMA contact and lead LGMA audits in the region.
Assist Food Safety Director with executing product/field testing, sampling and recordkeeping.
Such as water testing, micro testing and heavy metal testing programs
Assist in maintaining and maintenance of all record keeping relating to company food safety program such as:
- Update planting schedules received from growers
- Review and retain SSOP checklists received from harvesting companies
- Assist with product tracking and recall procedures
- Provide support during recall procedures, investigations associated with product complaints, and biological product deviation reports
Manage Food Safety database information in region including: grower audits, cooler, harvesting and facility audits and update information as necessary
- Have a working knowledge of Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement Metrics and compliance requirements.
- Have taken or complete FSMA Produce Rule (FDA Accredited Course). This course is required for internal company personnel that have direct contact with covered produce, as defined in.
- FSMA Produce Rule, and periodic training must be conducted at least once annually, and members of the PIM Food Safety Team.
- Solid interpersonal skills to effectively be able to communicate within a multicultural environment.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of GAP, GMP, FSMA Produce Rule and other food safety regulatory requirements.
- Work flexible schedules when operations require.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and WORD.
- Must have and maintain an insurable driving record (MVR).
- Self- motivator and work independently.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) Fluent speaking and reading in both languages.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.