Food Scientist - Experienced
The Food Technologist acts as a key member of the R&D team, working at the company's technology centers. Experienced technologists work in a variety of potential areas- new product development, established product improvement, new technology, and cost savings areas.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm (flexible)
Note: This position is expected to be one year in length
- Prototype development at the bench
- Producing product for consumer research
- Assisting in plant trials and commercialization
- Formulation work
- Physical and analytical testing
- Documentation of experiments and pilot plant runs
- Communication with suppliers
- Mandatory GMP and safety documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related science
- 9+ years of experience
- Experience in salty snack mixes, dry seasoning, coating, and frying is a plus
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills for product development and pilot plant runs
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- History of strong collaborations with company vendors/suppliers
- Demonstrated ability and familiarity with food product formulation
- Basic understanding of food science principles and the experimentation process
- Takes initiative in technical problem solving
- Proficient in basic computer skills- Excel, Word, and general computer application software
- Good written and communication skills
- US Citizenship required
Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.