Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician (QA Tech) will work closely within the guidelines of the QA department in a safety focused, team-based, environment while conducting checks for consistent quality.
This position reports to the QA Manager and will provide daily checks on all product produced before, during, and after production and packaging. The QA Tech also contributes a wide range of quality support to their shift and on weekends with special emphasis on production and packaging lines.
Essential Duties: but not limited to
- Integral member of the HACCP and Food Safety Committee
- Populate, review, and check all current Quality Systems documentation and reports
- Help communicate and train operational functions and information between shifts and departments.
- Work with Maintenance, Production, and Sanitation Department to achieve quality standards.
- Participate in2nd and 3rd Party Audits
- Perform finished product audits
- Communicate ideas for cost savings, efficiency, and improving quality
- Continuous education in Quality Control and Baking Science field.
- Proficient math skills with strong analytical abilities
- Self motivator and able to work independently
- Interpersonal skills with the ability interact with co-workers and supervisors.
- Knowledge of and follow all OSHA and GMP guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet all requirements set forth by the company to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- College degree in Science preferred or related field,
- 2-5 years in Quality Assurance role
- Certification or Extensive training in Food Safety a plus
- HACCP, GMP, Food Security, Internal Auditing, Labeling Laws certifications, along with BRC or SQF experience a plus
- Pick up and carry a weight of, but not limited to, 50 pounds.
- Work in high heat and humidity.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Work in a cooler setting at 35 to 45 degrees F.
- Climb a ladder to a height of but not limited to 40 feet.
- Minimal work in a freezer setting at –10 to 10 degrees F.
- Grasp of English language
- Bilingual a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Good data entry skills
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.