JOB FILLED - Food Safety Officer
Orange Cove – Sanger Citrus Association is a cooperative citrus packing house located in Orange Cove, California. The cooperative is owned by over 50 growers whom market their citrus through Sunkist Growers, Inc. The current association was formed in 1973 by the consolidation of Orange Cove Citrus Association (Founded 1916) and Sanger Citrus Association (Founded 1920). We currently service over 4,300 member acres in Fresno, Kern, Madera, and Tulare Counties. We pack and sell Navel, Valencia, and Cara Cara Oranges, as well as Minneola Tangelos and Grapefruit.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Food Safety Officer to join our team in Orange Cove, CA.
The Food Safety Officer will be responsible for development and implementation of the Food Safety Program, any new Food Safety Standards and regularly reviews current program, documents and records. Helps coordinate the various food safety duties with department supervisors, including employee training, food safety meetings, and the food safety committee meetings. Oversee the control of food safety documents and records. Conducts internal self-inspections and over sees Contracted Pest Control Program. They will also Coordinate packinghouse food safety audits with third party auditors. The Food Safety Officer serves on the Regulatory Inspection Team and Food Safety Committee, and in conjunction with the Field Department will schedule and oversee Grower Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) audits.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to read and write at the 12th grade level.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Must be methodical and have ability to analyze complex data and deduce actions to take from data.
- Should understand or be able to learn Federal and State safety regulations and be able to read and understand complex data and convert to everyday safety programs.
- Must be able to teach and lead safety groups, as well as implement food safety programs independently.
- Bilingual preferred, ability to read and write in Spanish.
- Knowledge of Primus GFS is a plus.
We offer competitive compensation ($58,500 to $62,500 per year) DOE.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.