Senior Quality & Food Safety Manager
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
We are a newly remote team, with a majority of employees based in NYC, and are backed by the same venture capital companies behind Instacart, Warby Parker, Glamsquad, Mirror, Prose, and Allbirds.
As Ollie’s Senior Quality & Food Safety Manager, you will be responsible for the Quality & Food Safety Standards for the Ollie Brand and ensure they are present and effective throughout our supply chain. This section provides a summary of the overall duties and the ideal candidate.
This role will report to the Head of Food. Ollie's team is evolving from a NYC based group to a fully distributed workforce so we welcome applications from across the U.S.
- Create, enforce, and maintain Ollie’s Q&FS standards, including influencing and implementing any needed changes or updates
- Provide Q&FS approval of current and new vendors, co-manufacturers, co-packers, and other extensions of the supply chain through risk assessments, internal audits, corrective actions, and preventative measures
- Report key metrics on manufacturing performance and conformance to standards, including leading quality reviews for external manufacturing
- Investigate and resolve issues involving non-conforming material, out-of-specification events, and consumer complaints
- Provide technical leadership for the development of testing programs, including design and execution of complex quality and/or food safety projects
- Translate scientific data and risk assessment outcomes into practical strategies for the supply chain network to support Q&FS agenda
- May lead cross-functional teams, train/coach others, and direct the technical work of others in the area of Q&FS
- Serve as a passionate champion of Quality & Food Safety to protect pets, customers, and the Ollie brand
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality leader in food or pharmaceutical production
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Food Safety, with in-depth knowledge of Quality Control, HACCP, and food safety management standards, including auditing for compliance in products intended for pet or human consumption
- Demonstrated strengths in written and verbal communication, project management, and translating technical data to any audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field; higher degrees desirable
- Additional desirable qualifications: certifications in HACCP, PCQI, and Q&FS auditing schemes (SQF, FSSC 22000, BRC, AIB, etc); credentials in microbiology and/or statistical analysis
- Perseverance to succeed, willingness to tackle new challenges, and desire to learn and grow
- Competitive pay + a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly lunch stipend through Seamless
- Home office set-up budget
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to standout, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.