Food Safety / Quality Assurance Manager
As a new fast growing company, with a rapidly growing facility and business we are searching for a Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager that has knowledge and experience in HACCP, FSMA, food safety pre-requisite programs and is responsible for understanding and implementing all applicable food regulations.
The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, SQF/BRC and GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
- Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, SSOP’s and Corrective Action reports.
- Maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety standards and concerns.
- Assure compliance with cGMP’s, and written SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Conduct internal food safety audits and manage third party audits.
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards.
- Assist Orchard Management in developing food safety standards.
- Manage the product recall program by establishing and implementing traceability and mock recalls.
- Assist Sales team with vendor registration requirements as related to Food Safety and Certification requirements.
- Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requirements.
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience with department development and hiring processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Food Safety Management preferred with experience supervising staff.
- Management level experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, GHP’s and GAP’s. HACCP and PCQI certification desired.
- Previous experience with SQF, BRC, GFSI, Primus, and/or USDA audits desirable.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing.
- Must be flexible with work hours and day with occasional overnight travel.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.