Nutriati, a plant-based food ingredient company is seeking a Food Technologist (QA/QC/Development) to join their team in Richmond, VA.
Our Mission: We envision a world where innovations in taste and nutrition drive the livelihood of farmers and community while restoring balance to our planet.
Our Vision: Nutriati’s Product Platform Strategy is focused on the research, development and commercialization of innovative, best-in-class plant-based ingredients. We will positively impact the plant-based ingredient landscape by offering more sustainable, tastier and healthier options.
Our Values: Nutriati fosters a culture of curiosity and discovery. We cultivate integrity and respect for each other, our customers and our business partners.
- Oversee quality documentation management between the company and our integrated supply chain
- Manage retention sample database for raw material, WIP and finished goods inventory
- Assure raw material and finished goods inventory lot traceability
- Responsible for supplier and contract manufacturer quality reviews and performing on site audits
- Maintain laboratory chemicals and inventory of supplies
- Calibrate typical lab instruments
- Manage labeling and positive release program alongside contract manufacturing partners
- Maintain product quality certifications such as Kosher and Halal
- Support R&D team by reviewing and issuing product and process specifications
- Check products for physical and sensorial aspects against gold standard retentions
- Perform internal quality checks, audits and mock recall in support of company quality and recall policies
- BS/MS Food Science or Food Quality Management - Or appropriate combination of education and
- 3-5+ years of experience in quality with GMP regulated environment
- Practical Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, FSSC and/or SQF programs
- Working knowledge of SOPs SSOPs and Product and Processing Specifications
- Experience with wet chemistry procedures, lab instrumentation etc.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.