Quality Assurance Manager
Founded by Elwood Richard in 1968, NOW Foods has grown from a small, family operation to a highly-respected manufacturer of natural health products. Today, NOW Foods manufactures and distributes over 1,400 dietary supplements, natural foods, sports nutrition, and personal care products. NOW’s state of the art manufacturing facilities are GMP-certified, and our quality testing labs are among the best in the industry. The company has over 1,500 employees and its products are sold in more than 60 countries. The company remains family-owned and committed to its original mission: to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
NOW offers a competitive compensation structure and a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision plans from tier one companies, Paid Time Off, 401k match up to $6,500 per year, educational assistance and company-paid disability and life insurance. NOW employees also enjoy a wide array of unique benefits such as company-paid profit sharing, quarterly bonuses, employee discount, wellness program, company-paid Teladoc and Rx’nGo, and much more! Many of our benefits are 100% paid by NOW – this is why NOW Foods has been awarded as one of the “101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for” in Chicago THIRTEEN years in a row, and on the National Level SIX years in a row!
To learn more about NOW Foods, visit nowfoods.com, like us on Facebook at facebook.com/nowfoodsofficial, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/NOWFoods or on Instagram at instagram.com/nowfoodsofficial.
The Quality Assurance Manager manages the activities of the Quality Assurance department and oversees cGMP implementation and maintenance in all cGMP-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and revised written justification for procedures in relation to cGMP compliance.
- Guides Operations and Quality Control departments in establishing Standard Operating Procedures for NOW manufacturing and laboratory processes that coincide with cGMP requirements and established white papers.
- Reviews internal audits for GMP compliance.
- Develops, conducts and coordinates cGMP training.
- Supervises specification creation/revision for all NOW products and raw materials.
- Supervises product recalls and follows up on corrective action.
- Manages change control of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversees implementation of new and revised labels.
- Complies with safety and GMP requirements.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
- Supports a culture of safe production and operations; follows all workplace health and safety procedures.
- Responsible for safety performance in respective area.
- Ensures the implementation of, adherence to, and enforcement of workplace health and safety requirements.
- Ensures activities are completed to promote and enforce safe behaviors by supervisors and employees.
- Ensures injury prevention efforts are effectively implemented.
- Fulfills responsibilities as outlined in the company safety management plan.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) four-year college or university with major in a Science field (i.e. Chemistry, Biology)
- At least five years related experience in Quality Control or Quality Assurance in a GMP manufacturing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in supervision of Quality Assurance or Quality Control staff and experience in internal and external auditing, change control procedures, and GMP compliance and enforcement is required.
- Working knowledge of GMP required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent leadership, time management, attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent people-development skills needed, including coaching, team-building and training skills.
- Working knowledge of GMP’s and the ability to train all levels of personnel in a plant environment is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles and/or herbal aromas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is the policy of NOW Foods to prohibit discrimination of any type, and to afford equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and prospective employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.