Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing and improving the Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs for Noodles & Company’s supply chain and its unit restaurants, both corporate and franchise locations. The Quality Assurance Manager helps provide maintenance and continuous improvement of programs such as food safety, quality control programs, product category management, partner recertifications, product evaluations and ingredient monitoring.
- Utilize guest service information to address guest and restaurant related quality issues.
- Participates actively in companywide initiatives, bringing FSQA expertise to all discussions.
- Spearheads restaurant food safety validations, ensuring FSQA visits deliver clear and actionable next steps.
- Responsible for the category management of key products such as soups, sauces, dressings, seasonings, and bakery. Position will manage and lead investigations resulting from ingredient non-compliances, lead capability studies with vendors, manages spec maintenance, and actively manages QA related projects for these categories.
- Leads the implementation of all produce key initiatives and determines and approves produce substitutions and pack sizes when the supply chain is shorted. Spearheads all communications to the field.
- Leads new Supply Chain Partner qualification processes, ensuring that all prospective partners adhere to all Noodles & Company Food Standards, adhere to all legal documentation and ensures safety of all incoming food ingredients.
- Reviews, organizes and summarizes all supplier approvals, third party audit information and annual supplier recertifications into Noodles QA database.
- Continuously improve a thorough specifications library and testing process to ensure long-term adherence to Noodles & Company specifications and expectations.
- Performs site audits of key partner facilities, ensuring the safety and spec compliance of all purchased products.
- Assist Culinary in scale-up visits and sets up process controls for future product maintenance.
- Leads business reviews with key Supply Chain Partners, ensuring all product quality, food safety, and customer service-related issues are addressed. Manages continuous improvement activities with key partners related to product quality, sanitation, and food safety.
- Supports the creation, execution and maintenance of all internal product evaluations and supplier maintenance programs, including the active completion of all traceability exercises and cook studies under the QA technician responsibility.
- Assist with product recalls/withdrawals, including restaurant, distributor and vendor communications.
- Assist with food-borne related outbreaks and public health related issues, including proper communication between restaurant teams, guests and local regulatory agencies.
- Leads the implementation of emergency procedures due to product shortages in the supply chain.
- Assist with team member illness reporting and resolution, follows established protocols for restaurant response.
- Assist with guest foodborne illness events, determines next steps and follows through to resolution.
- Organized, solution-oriented, results-driven, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Multi-tasking ability between analytical duties and guest service/relationship building.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication that builds solid, professional internal and external relationships.
- Computer proficiency, including email, Internet and MS Office products.
- Ability to work independently and analyze business needs.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and proprietary information.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, meat science, animal science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience working in food processing industry.
- Working knowledge of food manufacturing and understanding of chemical, physical, nutritional, and microbiological aspects of food products.
- Strong working knowledge of HACCP, USDA regulations, and process control.
- 30% travel may be required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.