Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
The Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance is responsible for managing and improving the Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs for Noodles & Company’s supply chain and its unit restaurants, both corporate and franchise locations. The Food Safety and QA Director main responsibility is to provide maintenance and continuous improvement of programs such as HACCP, crisis management, food safety training and auditing, specifications, quality, animal welfare and regulatory compliance of all menu items.
At Noodles & Company, our mission is to always nourish and inspire every team member, guest and community we serve. We accomplish this by living our values of We Care, We Show Pride, We are Passionate, and We Love Life! We provide our team members with opportunities to learn culinary skills working with fresh food and the art of personal connection with our guests. Come join our amazing team, make new friends, develop your career and have fun!
Careers at Noodles are served with a side of:
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase discounts
- Paid maternity and paternity leaves, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Discounts through our gift card program
- Scholarship opportunities
- Learn more about our benefits: noodles.com/careers/perks/
Your Day in the Life
- Lead the development, implementation, and enforcement of all company strategies, processes, and procedures related to in-restaurant and Supply Chain Partners food safety and quality.
- Monitor food safety regulations at the federal, state, and local level to ensure compliance at all restaurants, both company and franchise. Adjust procedures and program as regulations evolve.
- Monitor changing regulatory environment related to food labeling, nutritional disclosure, etc. to ensure compliance across company and franchise restaurants. Adjusting menu labeling and product nutritional information as needed.
- Regulate any food safety threats that may affect our guests, including food borne illness outbreaks, product recalls, and any other food safety concerns.
- Lead the execution of any necessary field product holds/recalls/retrievals, including restaurant and guest-facing communications.
Participate on various project teams and provide QA technical expertise and guidance, particularly in food safety, sanitation and quality.
- Manage and continuously improve the third-party restaurant food safety audit program, ensuring that the program delivers clear and actionable findings. Work actively with Operations and Training to develop procedures to address any recurring issues.
- Spearhead and continuously improve food safety programs and procedures that are executed across the system and at franchise locations.
- Participate actively in regular business reviews with key Supply Chain Partners, ensuring all product quality, food safety, and customer service-related issues are addressed. Manage continuous improvement activities with key partners related to product quality, sanitation, and food safety.
- Create, implement, and help spearhead company animal welfare initiatives, including companywide standards and oversight systems.
- Help spearhead restaurant support programs that will improve food safety and quality performance in companywide restaurants. Ensure company restaurants meet and comply with all regulations and certifications.
- Lead members of the Quality Assurance team who are responsible for related projects and tasks.
- Manage, monitor, and ensure compliance of all ingredient’s standards with all vendors within the Noodles Supply Chain.
- Lead Noodles response and management to public health concerns.
- Work with health departments to ensure the proper execution of health hazard procedures.
What You Bring to the Team
- Organized, solution-oriented, results-driven, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and also build cross-department relationships.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and proprietary information.
- Background in food science or related field. Certified Food Safety Professional preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years professional experience working in the food industry.
- Restaurant or food manufacturing experience desired.
- Working knowledge of food manufacturing and understanding of chemical, physical, nutritional, and microbiological aspects of food products.
- Strong working knowledge of HACCP, FDA auditing principles, and food code.
- 30% Travel Required
Pay is $110,000 - $125,000 annually, depending on experience
Noodles is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to be an inclusive and diverse team that is representative of the communities and guests we serve.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.