Quality Control Technician
Second Shift - 3:00PM - 11:00PM
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for ensuring NWF’s standards of quality and safety on all finished products.
- Evaluates finished products for quality and acceptability. Performs all necessary analysis as required, and according to the product specification.
- Communicates product quality issues to Production Supervisors, Production Managers, QC Manager & Supervisor and shipping and customer service staff.
- Logs all analysis test results and batch information in the I-Series (AS400) & maintains analysis records and documents necessary for documentation compliance.
- Monitors line equipment for functionality, safety, and cleanliness.
- Checks metal detectors (CCP), magnets, scales and performs critical control point & GMP audits.
- Assist in all foreign material & product non-conformance investigations.
- Performs batch set-up checks, assists in correcting the set ups, and logs discrepancies.
- Places product on hold as necessary and release when appropriate.
- Rejects product as necessary and completes rejection forms including root cause and corrective action analysis.
- Checks allergen clean out effectiveness as needed
- .Perform Pre – Op audit when necessary (example: equipment down for maintenance).
- Perform production scale checks and lab equipment calibration based on calibration schedule.
- Collect micro samples as needed and places micro hold products on hold.
- Performs special tasks as assigned by QC manager
- Maintains retain sample area and control sample file
- Follows all GMP’s and Safety Procedures.
- H.S. or GED with 1-2 years related work experience
- Ability to use quality control analysis equipment
- Fluency in spoken & written English
- Mathematical Skills
- Computer Skills & Data Processing skills Required
- Ability to climb ladders to work platforms
- Able to lift 50 pounds
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Newly Weds Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without assistance or support from Newly Weds Foods. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.